Jail Trivia picks, are you being fair?

xAcidx

Poster
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
188
Theres probably been a bazillion threads like this. But I cant see one.

When you have finally won through the ranks and won trivia, you are faced with the ultimatum of picking your teammates to die. And while clan loyalty is all very well, think: Are you presenting the best face for eGO by picking a load of pubs?
At this point i'd like to commend Redemption for only picking e's.
I understand that it doesnt even come down to clans sometimes; its who you know over people you dont. But if a load of pubs end up dead every round, we get two things.
1) A river of tears in deadchat.
2) Pubs viewing us as prejudiced.
Seeing as I end up dead every round, I get to see these results. So just a friendly reminder: Kill your clanmates too, they are more adjusted to getting shot in the back of the head.

Point Number 2:
Repeated questions. Asking the same question over and over (EG, Kami's What does Kami mean? or just 2+2) adds a nice element of boredom into the game, because people who have played with you as warden before already know the answer, and pubs or newbies are left floundering wondering how they were supposed to get that. So be original; It takes about five seconds to pull up the web browser and google trivia.

Point number 3: Warden Deliberations
The clock winds down, the round restarts. Suddenly six names appear on the right of my screen all shouting CAN I BE WARDEN!!111!!oneone! This isnt going to be avoided. But you can cut down the amount of screaming. How? Well, a round is going to go three ways. 1) Your all going to wind up dead. 2) T gets the LR and totally pwns.
3) T gets the LR and doesnt go so well.
Situation 1) Your going to spend a little time dead, unless you are last CT. So why not press u, talk in teamchat, and say "Hey guys, mind if I take warden?" That way next round, if the last CT wanted warden, you have two people talking, maybe plus the friendly explanation guy.
2) Again, you'll probably be waiting a while while dead, just teamchat and talk to your team.
3) Pretty much the same thing AGAIN, except you get to do it while ALIVE. Variety :D
Doing this means you dont spend a minute figuring out whos warden and then another minute dying as the Ts rush out with no orders and freedom in their minds.
 
The last time I won trivia I had been picked to die 4 rounds in a row previously, which was annoying seeing as I was dead for nearly 20minutes...

Who did I pick to live? 1 eGO member and 3 pubs.. The pubs thanked me for picking them instead of my clanmates and we had a good rebel afterwords :D

Show the pubs some love!
 
I try to not pick pubs, but it's hard sometimes.


I think trivia should only be allowed when 5-6 T's are left alive. Because, like Nomad said, the rounds go on for a very long time sometimes, and dying at the beginning of every round is frustrating.
 
Trivia is used as an eliminator to get the Ts down to a manageable number. You and I both know that moving them to bhop or race or maze or whatever right off the bat is asking for a rebellion. Theres just so many of them that one with a gun can pick off five or six CTs using his mates for cover.
 
I hate trivia sooo much same with couch game, thats why i jst rebel whenever i get the chance :) and about sitting there for 20 minutes go do something else thats what i do, there has to be somethin better to do then jst sit there waiting for a new round.
 
umm... i always pick anybody that has picked me first. lol. then after that it's just whoever is closest to me
 
Im not accusing everyone of doing it lol, im just saying ive seen it happen a few times.
 
Best way to solve it is, pick no one and suicide.

Only 1 trivia question, so no one has to die :P
 
Best way to solve it is, pick no one and suicide.

Only 1 trivia question, so no one has to die :P

except yourself XD

And I agree with whoever said trivia shouldn't be allowed at the very beginning.. If you think about it, the teams are 2T:1C (or something close to that) so yeah there may be A LOT of T's but if all the CT's are there and not playing with disco buttons and/or running around outside and are actually WATCHING the T's then problems are usually minimal. If someone has a gun and they are shooting at you TAKE THEM OUT! lol, seriously though crossfire is okay just don't get carried away and shoot 15 T's that are stacked ontop of the guy shoosting haha
 
or, DONT DO TRIVIA!!!
I agree with Jimmy..

But winner should pick ppl randomly, and not to pick someone coz they said in team chat: "I LOOOOVE YOU ____! DON'T PICK ME<333!!!"
= the easiest way to avoid these situations are not to have trivia..
 
Trivia is so boring it should be banned lol and couch game/random luck games are so boring when we can do some skillful minigames why do trivia? Uhh i dont get it and if you always win trivia go down by the ranks pick eGO's first then eG's ... xD
 
I agree with Jimmy..

But winner should pick ppl randomly, and not to pick someone coz they said in team chat: "I LOOOOVE YOU ____! DON'T PICK ME<333!!!"
= the easiest way to avoid these situations are not to have trivia..

If they say dont pick me i love you PICK THEM you will feel such a good feelin' hahaha and you will piss them off and mostly do it for tha luls!
 
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think its unfair to the pubs also. I usually pick people I don't know that well in our clan, or someone who has picked me previously.
 
i pick random people, with the exception of Pureblood, he is always picked to die if i win! Muahahaha die pureblood...die!
 
I usually pick people I don't know/like or know won't rebel.... or..... I run away and rebel to kill no one lol
 
RE: Point 1. In mostly all servers, a clan tends to be held in higher regard to pubs. It's a sub-conscious recruitment ploy. I personally pick random people, my friends (Yes, my friends die!), and people who are bad at other things, so I can get LR. I will usually never pick somebody who is a good rebeller. And more often than not, I am my final chioce ("Pick 5" *pick 4 then killbind*)

RE: Point 2. Trivia is meant to test your brain skills. You SHOULD know 2+2. Trivia does not mean "look me up". If you want to see a twist to trivia questions, play when I'm asking. Ask Sscarr and phasexero.

RE: Point 3. First off, only four names will be displayed at a time. Second and lastly, what do your points have to do with how a warden gets chosen?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top