- Joined
- Feb 8, 2008
- Messages
- 404
Ok, after getting out of a rather bad game, I decided we needed a place for new Medics, or struggling ones, to find advice.
I'll start with the one that made my game so horrible:
That's right, he was a one-man Medic, and that's a BAD MEDIC.
Heal everyone!
It keeps your team closer to front lines.
It keeps YOU alive longer if they can fight off more people, and they will not have the urge to ditch you when things get rough.
It builds your Uber or Kritz faster, too.
This also makes it harder for Snipers to pick you off. Erratic movements make you hard to snipe.
Those are the three big ones. If anyone has anything to add, just post and I will copy/paste it into this post.
I'll start with the one that made my game so horrible:
HEAL EVERYONE
One would think this is rather obvious but I have seen my share of tunnel vision medics. Today, it was a pocket medic that picked a Heavy and, come hell or high water, ONLY that heavy got healed. This medic was running back to spawn, at full HP, after his Heavy died and I saw him. I had 4 HP, so I yelled for a Medic and ran THOUGH him to show I was no spy...He ignored me. So I tapped E again while I followed him back to Spawn..still nothing. He then stopped outside of Spawn and ignored anyone who came by on fire, or injured or what have you, as if AFK. He was there, though, because the SECOND his Heavy respawned, they were off again!That's right, he was a one-man Medic, and that's a BAD MEDIC.
Heal everyone!
It keeps your team closer to front lines.
It keeps YOU alive longer if they can fight off more people, and they will not have the urge to ditch you when things get rough.
It builds your Uber or Kritz faster, too.
USE YOUR EYES
No matter who you are healing, do not just stare at their back. Look around and listen. When you hear a spy decloak or see someone moving towards you and your buddy, warn them. Nothing bites harder then trying to mow down 3 people and your medic watches you get shanked as if his mouth was bricked up.KEEP MOVING
Spys usually go for the medic first. If you are always moving around and spinning around, they will not have an easy time backstabbing you, and a failed one gives you time to shout, your buddy (or someone nearby) to turn, and nuke that spy.This also makes it harder for Snipers to pick you off. Erratic movements make you hard to snipe.
Those are the three big ones. If anyone has anything to add, just post and I will copy/paste it into this post.






















