Article ITT I attempt to review every movie I've seen.

& i thought u forgot bout ur favorite thread sexy. looks like ur back @ it. im glad that your paper work hasnt taken over ur whole life.
 
The_league_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen_movie.jpg


Title: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Year: 2003
Country of Origin: UK/US
Director: Stephen Norrington

Story: Some of the greatest people in literary history are drawn together to star in of the crappiest films of the last decade.

Review: Ok, I get it Mr. Moore...I get it. I now see why you go berserk when people attempt to adapt your work to film. Now I haven't read this series, but judging how this film turned out...something went terribly wrong in this adaptation. The story is simply a mess, the acting ranges from alright to crap, and the direction is terrible. Quite frankly the worst possible film that Connery could have chosen to be for his last on screen performance...no voice work doesn't count.

[3/10]
 
Ever watched Me and You and Everyone We Know sexy? I just watched it last weekend and it was a pretty solid film that made me think.
 
Just went through my horror extravaganza and been glued to "The Walking Dead" series.

But noticed you did not have the horror movie "High Tension" review.

Good little horror flick to cheek out if you never seen it. Could not believe my local Blockbuster had it :P
 
Ever watched Me and You and Everyone We Know sexy? I just watched it last weekend and it was a pretty solid film that made me think.

Nope, I haven't even heard of it. But if I get a chance I'll check it out.


Just went through my horror extravaganza and been glued to "The Walking Dead" series.

But noticed you did not have the horror movie "High Tension" review.

Good little horror flick to cheek out if you never seen it. Could not believe my local Blockbuster had it :P

I had the ending ruined for me for that one...haven't felt like watching it since.
 
Randomly saw it playing on Starz, City of Ember......even Bill Murray didnt make this movie good
 
Randomly saw it playing on Starz, City of Ember......even Bill Murray didnt make this movie good

Yeah, that movie looked terrible from the trailer. I've been avoiding it like jury duty...wait...wasn't there a movie about...


Runaway_jury.jpg


Title: Runaway Jury
Year: 2003
Country of Origin: US
Director: Gary Fleder

Story: A man purposely tries to swing a jury from within.

Review: There is not much to say about Runaway Jury, I almost forgot that it actually existed. The story follows a juror who weasels his way on a jury to pull a 12 angry men. The story leaves a lot to be desired, but seeing that it's based on a Grisham novel...that's to be expected. Yeah, I've read my fair share of John Grisham and I've seen plenty of film adaptations of his works...both the films and the novels leave something to be desired in the plot department. Anyway, it's a competently done film that does nothing memorable or special. If it's on TV give it a shot, but other wise it's forgivable to forget it exists.

[6/10]
 
Last edited:
Smartestguysintheroom.jpg


Title: Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Year: 2005
Country of Origin: US
Director: Alex Gibney

Story: In 2001, the multi-billion dollar energy conglomerate Enron collapsed. This movie researches and attempts to explain why this happened.

Review: I still remember the whole hoopla surrounding the collapse of Enron. In basically a few weeks a company that was worth over a hundred billion dollars completely evaporated. It's a well crafted documentary and delves into the greed and deception that was going on in the company. While the film has lost a bit of bite recently because of the recession...but it's still a documentary worth watching.

[9/10]
 
Who_Killed_The_Electric_Car_cover.jpg


Title: Who Killed the Electric Car?
Year: 2006
Country of Origin: US
Director: Chris Paine

Story: A tale that is almost irrelevant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Leaf

Review: Yeah, big names like GE and Nissan have jumped on Electric cars and next month the Nissan Leaf will be released. This is a tale of why it's taken so long for the electric car to show up. The documentary follows the development of the General Motors EV1 and it's inevitable demise. It's an interesting film and sheds some light on how a product with the backing of GM and the state of California could fail so miserably. If your interested in the subject matter, then give this one a watch.

[7/10]
 
Last edited:
Blood-_The_Last_Vampire_%282009_movie%29.jpg


Title: Blood: The Last Vampire
Year: 2009
Country of Origin: French/HK/UK
Director: Chris Nahon

Story: Umm...yeah, there isn't really one to speak of.

Review: This film is based on an Anime film of the same name and I have to say, I've seen the original and it's not all that great. Which might help to explain why this film is so darn mediocre. There isn't much exposition in this film, the story is pretty much covered in some scrolling text at the beginning of the movie. Which of course, doesn't matter...I, nor did anyone, watch this film for a story. No we watched this movie for some stupid over-the-top gory action and for the most part, this film deliver the goods. But, many of the kills happen off screen and even with all the on-screen violence, there really isn't enough here to warrant a watch.

[4.5/10]
 
Predators (Probably requested it before thought, can't remember)
 
sorry but dont care for remakes. they always end up terrible.

From what I can remember from the Ad campaign, Predators isn't a remake...but more of a rebootish sort of thing. One that is apparently pretty enjoyable and something I've been meaning to get around to watching.
 
Ninja assassin?

ok 1st off, double post panzer. 2nd off, the movie wasnt really all that good. it had over-exaggerated gore scenes (imho). i have a friend whos really into ninjas & when he heard it was coming out, all he wanted to say was ninja (over & over again). needless to say i would highly suggest avoiding this movie. some people may dig it, but i def didnt. as sexy would put it, the storyline was very convoluted (i hope i pronounced that correctly). i would still like to hear his thoughts on it tho.

4.5/10
 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Loved it, would like to see your review on it sometime soon.

~Vexx
 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Loved it, would like to see your review on it sometime soon.

~Vexx

I'm way behind you on that one. I think the last Harry Potter film that I watched was the fourth one...and to be frank, I really have no idea what number we're up to. Are we on 6 or 7?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top