Sexy Beast's Top Albums on 2010

Sexy, I have to agree with you on Titus Andronicus, I think they are actually pretty awesome. And since you put Kanye West up there, did you see the full video to that song you posted? It's about 11 mins long and the whole time I was wondering "what the heck is going on...."
 
erkjts.jpg


Wassup?
 

Totally came out in 2009 dude.


Sexy, I have to agree with you on Titus Andronicus, I think they are actually pretty awesome. And since you put Kanye West up there, did you see the full video to that song you posted? It's about 11 mins long and the whole time I was wondering "what the heck is going on...."

Runaway is 35 mins long and I still haven't gotten around to seeing it.
 
2010 hasn't been great for music really. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs is pretty much the only thing I like in that list. Can't listen to anything by Kanye past Graduation, and the rest just doesn't suit my taste really.

Eminem - Recovery wasn't too bad. Weezer's Hurley is probably worth a mention too.
 
2010 hasn't been great for music really. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs is pretty much the only thing I like in that list. Can't listen to anything by Kanye past Graduation, and the rest just doesn't suit my taste really.

Eminem - Recovery wasn't too bad. Weezer's Hurley is probably worth a mention too.

I thought this was a pretty good year...then again to each their own. The Suburbs was a pretty good album and one that I kind of wanted to put on the list.

I avoid Weezer and Eminem for a variety of reasons that I'm not gunna bother getting into.
 
Interesting list, don't know all of the stuff on the list but I'll check it out.

I do like 65Days of Static tho
 
Interesting list, don't know all of the stuff on the list but I'll check it out.

I do like 65Days of Static tho

Yeah, 65Daysofstatic is one of the better Post-Rock bands. Tortoise and Explosions in the Sky are pretty good also.

Though 65Days' most recent album was definitely way more electronic than their previous stuff. But it was an enjoyable album none the less.


Oh, and:

Your musical compatibility with lasraik is High (61.7123%)

Music you have in common includes DJ Shadow, Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Portishead and Nine Inch Nails.
 
I didn't want to bump this thread...or to add more albums. But, here is the thing. I was recommended an album that really needs a shout out and...well it being an album from 2010...


anais-mitchell-hadestown.jpg


So yeah, I'm not going with the format. This album is called Hadestown and it's by Ana?s Mitchell. It's apparently a folk opera and has to do with post-apocalyptic America...or something. Frankly none of this matters, it's a just an awesome album and one I wish I listened to when it came out back in March. I don recommend this one.


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDqBzuh-DIg[/ame]
 
Great list. Although I would probably put My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy at the number 1 spot. But thats only because Kanye is my number 1 artist of the last decade and I love all of his stuff; except Graduation which is by far my least favorite album of his but its still a decent rap album.

I'd have Arcade Fire in the top 10 as well, hurray for Canadian content!
 
I really only did enjoy one album this year which was Recovery by Eminem. I thought it was fantastic!
 
I really only did enjoy one album this year which was Recovery by Eminem. I thought it was fantastic!

Eminem hasn't been the same since he's got sober. This is unfortunate. There are so many more superior rap albums that came out this year like Drake's Thank Me Later, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Curren$y's Pilot Talk and Big Boi's Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. Eminem is by now means the be all; end all of hip hop.
 
I really only did enjoy one album this year which was Recovery by Eminem. I thought it was fantastic!

Bah...

I know what you did. You made a high-minded thread about not attacking other peoples opinions. And then you start talking about Eminem.

You sir are truly diabolical.


:P
 
I click on every music thread here expecting the same thing, every single post is gonna be about some stupid metal, alternative, classic rock, anything that isn't hip hop. Not saying i don't like alternative and everything, but Hip hop is amazing and it deserves the acknowledgement. So when i saw your list, i looked at like the first 3 and i thought same old same old boring stuff, then I saw Cee Lo Green. Then i said WAT. Then I saw kanye at number 2. You have my utmost respect and you obviously have a rich and diverse taste of music.

Also, Recovery wasn't really that good. If i was feeling generous i'd give it a 7/10. Its eminem, but its not slim shady, which made him famous. Also Thank Me Now would be worth a spot. So would man on the moon 2. Thats it though. :D
 
I click on every music thread here expecting the same thing, every single post is gonna be about some stupid metal, alternative, classic rock, anything that isn't hip hop. Not saying i don't like alternative and everything, but Hip hop is amazing and it deserves the acknowledgement. So when i saw your list, i looked at like the first 3 and i thought same old same old boring stuff, then I saw Cee Lo Green. Then i said WAT. Then I saw kanye at number 2. You have my utmost respect and you obviously have a rich and diverse taste of music.

Also, Recovery wasn't really that good. If i was feeling generous i'd give it a 7/10. Its eminem, but its not slim shady, which made him famous. Also Thank Me Now would be worth a spot. So would man on the moon 2. Thats it though. :D

To partly agree with you and partly disagree, I think that good Hip Hop is and can be amazing...however there is a lot of bad pop influenced Hip Hop that makes it more effort for me than with most genres to sift out the gems from the rough so to speak. I like it, but I just find as a genre is more of a hit-and-miss than with other more 'reliable' types of music

Just my opinion, not trying to change yours...
 
To partly agree with you and partly disagree, I think that good Hip Hop is and can be amazing...however there is a lot of bad pop influenced Hip Hop that makes it more effort for me than with most genres to sift out the gems from the rough so to speak. I like it, but I just find as a genre is more of a hit-and-miss than with other more 'reliable' types of music

Just my opinion, not trying to change yours...

Well i'm not saying love hip hop, i'm saying understand it is an artform and that it deserves SOME recognition to say the least, Yes gangsta rap has gave rap a dirty and bad name, but all good rap is the proactive stuff. stuff that ISNT bout money girls drugs etc... and more about other junk.
 
Well i'm not saying love hip hop, i'm saying understand it is an artform and that it deserves SOME recognition to say the least, Yes gangsta rap has gave rap a dirty and bad name, but all good rap is the proactive stuff. stuff that ISNT bout money girls drugs etc... and more about other junk.

I can see where you're coming from, a lot of people turn their noses up if something even vaguely looks like Hip Hop or RnB...oh well, their loss
 
I click on every music thread here expecting the same thing, every single post is gonna be about some stupid metal, alternative, classic rock, anything that isn't hip hop. Not saying i don't like alternative and everything, but Hip hop is amazing and it deserves the acknowledgement. So when i saw your list, i looked at like the first 3 and i thought same old same old boring stuff, then I saw Cee Lo Green. Then i said WAT. Then I saw kanye at number 2. You have my utmost respect and you obviously have a rich and diverse taste of music.

Also, Recovery wasn't really that good. If i was feeling generous i'd give it a 7/10. Its eminem, but its not slim shady, which made him famous. Also Thank Me Now would be worth a spot. So would man on the moon 2. Thats it though. :D

The list I did last year was pretty much all Indie or Alternative rock and I looked at that list and knew that I needed to get into new genres. So I jumped into some hip-hop and rap this year. According to last.fm the breakdown of genres listed in order are:

Noise-Pop
Electronic/Electronic Hip-hop
Indie Pop/Soul
Soul/Funk
Trip-Hop
Pop/Electro-Pop
Electronic/Dance
Hip-Hop/Art-Rap(No idea what art rap means)
Mash-up/Plunderphonics
Hip-Hop/rap
Lo-fi Indie Rock


I subscribe to the musical philosophy that you can find great music in just about any genre out there. And by not exploring the various genres you are missing out on some great music. This is one of the main reasons why I found that thread we had a few months back on rap so infuriating. A lot of people where knocking the genre...even though it was obvious that they basing their opinions on Rap by just Gangster Rap, which while popular, is not a reasonable measuring stick for the genre as a whole.
 
02: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy


Kanye-West-My-Beautiful-Dark-Twisted-Fantasy-Art-2-500x500-thumb-580x580-246873.jpg
Yeah, I know it's the alternative album art.


Why is this on the list?: Oh, Kanye...I can't make up my mind about you. Are you a musical genius or are you a functional retard? It's so hard to tell, but if this album is any indicator...I'd have to go with the former. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is pretty much Kanye's magnum opus, it's dark, dirty and beautiful. This is coming form someone who doesn't really like Kanye all that much. But there is just something that is unmistakeably brilliant about this album. If you haven't heard it yet, then you're missing out big time.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5iA4Zupek


Only good one in this whole thread
 

Latest posts

Back
Top