Anyone plays Airsoft ?

Moltike

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
185
I play Airsoft if ur not sure what it is try this link

http://sonomacountyairsoft.com

that what I play all the times sure it FUN and realistic ! :D

I have KJW M4A1 and G-18 KSC ( fullauto glock ) Both Gas powered.

most players use electrics. so I use Gas and carries 30 rng per mag for M4 more challenge and use ammo wisely lol but electric guns fires at least 200 per mag lol n00bies gun. lol anyway hope see ya one of u in there from eGo :D

add/edit: my warm up vid [ame="http://youtu.be/TUIHeCgPLRU"]http://youtu.be/TUIHeCgPLRU[/ame]
 
Last edited:
Once I get my M16 back I think I might join you Moltike.. Im in San Jose...How far is this place from me??
 
Once I get my M16 back I think I might join you Moltike.. Im in San Jose...How far is this place from me??

sweet about an hour to santa rosa, Ca/sonoma.
some from Modesto, eureka, Napa, salinas. I knew few lol


Moltike
 
I've wanted to get into airsoft, but now that I'm almost 18 I fear I'm too old (dammit I miss childhood already).


Paintball > airsoft

Don't start flamewars, its what gets threads locked, you should know this being an O. Paintball and airsoft are similar at only their basic principals, the rest of it isn't even comparable.

Paintball Similarities to Airsoft

*You shoot a gun at opponents to get them "out"
*You have a squad

Airsoft Differences

*Military Simulation style gameplay or scenario gameplay with light roleplay elements (zombies, hostage rescue, etc)
*Matches can last hours or even days.
*Wide variety of ammunition from the high quality to inexpensive.
*4 varieties of gun types: Electric, Spring, Green Gas, C02.
*Larger engagement distances than paintball.
*Multiple types of armament for different battle purposes.
*More popular in middle-america and the east.
*Certain playstyles can get expensive, its not uncommon for a sniper (most expensive playstyle) to spend a grand on precision parts.
*Guns work just like their real-world counterparts.

Paintball Differences

*Time-restricted fast paced arena gameplay.
*All guns work and act the same: Semi automatic rifle-style.
*Outting an apponent is more how much volume of paint you can shoot down the field than precision.
*Higher injury rate than airsoft.
*More popular in the west coast than airsoft it appears.
*Higher maintenance: You can't play paintball anywhere because it makes a mess, you can play low-crono airsoft anywhere, and you have to clean your gun more frequently.
*Ammunition, however at a set standard, is more expensive than airsoft rounds.
 
Last edited:
I've wanted to get into airsoft, but now that I'm almost 18 I fear I'm too old (dammit I miss childhood already).

Dude, as much as I hate to admit it...I'm gonna be 30 next year. If you think you're old, I must be born back in egyptian times compared to you! :w00t:

You can never be to OLD to do ANYTHING!!!

You're only as old as you make yourself...
 
Last edited:
I've wanted to get into airsoft, but now that I'm almost 18 I fear I'm too old (dammit I miss childhood already).
and super... i agree with u


this is for any age. even I'm 27 still playin it... at least 14 yrs old to play
also I met few guys that are like 40's still plays ... even my dad's age 54 still play .. it just for everybody, lotta fun than staying home boring lol


also Aisoft is better than paintball .... why ? bez u can see ppl who are worth to trust, and play honstly more fun

but paintball ... if u hit u still firing till ref see ur kinda cheating and not honestly that u saying " im hit" and walk out... also I wouldnt have to worry about washing clothes for every game.
 
Last edited:
Don't go and correct people without having proper facts.

Corrections made within the quote under your lines in bold.

Airsoft Differences

*Military Simulation style gameplay or scenario gameplay with light roleplay elements (zombies, hostage rescue, etc)

Milsim is one of the most popular types of paintball played. However it is not as mainstream since it is harder to film, Speedball is whats shown on TV.

*Matches can last hours or even days.

Ive played in 48 hour games before...

*Wide variety of ammunition from the high quality to inexpensive.

Paintball cases (2,000 rounds) can range from $20-$180 with quality to match.

*4 varieties of gun types: Electric, Spring, Green Gas, C02.

Paintball has different types which will be explained in the paintball specific section.

*Larger engagement distances than paintball.
Depends on the field and style of play

*Multiple types of armament for different battle purposes.

I have a SMG style paintball gun I can use with a pistol for close range or I can use a heavy support machine gun or an assault rifle with a m203 under barrel, paintball has a wide variety as well.

*More popular in middle-america and the east.

Debatable fact

*Certain playstyles can get expensive, its not uncommon for a sniper (most expensive playstyle) to spend a grand on precision parts.

Paintball is the same with guns in this aspect.

*Guns work just like their real-world counterparts.

Rap4 T68- Used by police and army for force on force training. Clip feed, air in stock, realistic weight.

Paintball Differences

*Time-restricted fast paced arena gameplay.

Since when is a 192 acre field arena style gameplay?
http://www.armorsquad.com/hsmap/mapprintable.jpg


*All guns work and act the same: Semi automatic rifle-style.

You can have automatics, single shot pump action, magazine fed, and other custom modification to shooting action

*Outting an apponent is more how much volume of paint you can shoot down the field than precision.

No, just no. If you say this, you know NOTHING about paintball.


*Higher injury rate than airsoft.

Debatable with the amount of players paintball has compared to airsoft. Unsure of any actual collected stats on the airsoft side of this.

*More popular in the west coast than airsoft it appears.

Again, debatable.

*Higher maintenance: You can't play paintball anywhere because it makes a mess, you can play low-crono airsoft anywhere, and you have to clean your gun more frequently.

I'll have to concede this point.

*Ammunition, however at a set standard, is more expensive than airsoft rounds.

I agree it is more expensive

Ive played paintball for over 9 years now, have reffed for 5, and been on a team for 4. I also play a little bit of airsoft with my friends.
 
that was a horrifically biased post Rukus. the type that start flamewars... blackhawksniper hit the nail on the head, although, to each their own.

i own a couple airsoft pistols, they're fun to shoot around the house and what not... i have a difficult time seeing how eliminations are made playing competitively... im interested to hear how airsoft is truely played, the guns are always awesome... i think they'd be more fun to play scenario than with a paintball gun lol
 
Paintball FTW!

no ... AS FTW and No Mess FTW lol

but really, it's everyone's opinion but I preferred AirSoft

cheaper and realistic

but my Gas M4A1 quite expensive o.0 around 400 USD for it

but my Glock 18-C = Creepers lol

and here my warm up vid clip link

[ame]http://youtu.be/TUIHeCgPLRU[/ame]
 
We won't be having arguments about Paintball vs. Airsoft, they are two completely different beasts. The only similarity between them is a bunch of people running around shooting toy guns at each other.

Anywho I've been playing airsoft for about 2 years now. Got a G&G GR16 and a TM Hi-Capa 5.1 and a crapload of gear to boot, airsoft can get expensive quick.
 
Last edited:
that was a horrifically biased post Rukus. the type that start flamewars... blackhawksniper hit the nail on the head, although, to each their own.

How is saying they are completely different sports biased? I've researched both and live in a community thats avid in both, and in general all the things I've stated are true, I've never seen a milisim or anything close to milisim style play. The closest thing is bushball and its just arena played outdoors. I've also never seen someone sit somewhere waiting for an opponent to cross like airsoft.

I'm not insulting either sport, both are fun in their own way.
 
Last edited:
It's Nerf or nothing!

But I'm not saying that to continue the flame war that isn't happening. When you're liable for the safety of junior high students in a non-profit religious organization's building it is just safer and they (the kids) still have fun.

If we could get away with using paintball or air soft guns...oh man that would be fun!
 
How is saying they are completely different sports biased? I've researched both and live in a community thats avid in both, and in general all the things I've stated are true, I've never seen a milisim or anything close to milisim style play. The closest thing is bushball and its just arena played outdoors. I've also never seen someone sit somewhere waiting for an opponent to cross like airsoft.

I'm not insulting either sport, both are fun in their own way.

Its passive aggressive comments like this that will lead to a flame war. NONE of the things you pointed out are true, as I clearly pointed out and can easily back all of it up. You are being very narrow minded in how you look at both sports. You say it doesn't exist. Look at my avatar for crying out loud.....

http://www.clevelandpaintball.com/gallery/files/3/tft2007009_tn.jpg

http://www.clevelandpaintball.com/gallery/files/3/tft2007010_tn.jpg

http://gotyourphoto.com/resources\pictures\small\hellsurvivorsmonstergame\IMG_2256.jpg

http://gotyourphoto.com/resources\pictures\small\hellsurvivorsmonstergame\IMG_2258.jpg

http://gotyourphoto.com/resources\pictures\small\hellsurvivorsmonstergame\IMG_2260.jpg

http://gotyourphoto.com/resources\pictures\small\hellsurvivorsmonstergame\IMG_2264.jpg

http://gotyourphoto.com/resources\pictures\small\hellsurvivorsmonstergame\IMG_2269.jpg

http://gotyourphoto.com/resources\pictures\small\hellsurvivorsmonstergame\IMG_2289.jpg

I rest my case.


It's Nerf or nothing!

But I'm not saying that to continue the flame war that isn't happening. When you're liable for the safety of junior high students in a non-profit religious organization's building it is just safer and they (the kids) still have fun.

If we could get away with using paintball or air soft guns...oh man that would be fun!

Nerf is SOOO fun. We have an organization on my campus that plays humans vs. zombies and use nerf guns to shoot the zombies. I got a maverick, longshot, raider, vulcan, and custom made blow guns to shoot darts. Everything except the vulcan is modded, changing the voltage over summer and upgrading the motor to shoot over 300 spm.




The one thing I do like about airsoft over paintball is not having to wear a full face mask and that I dont have to wash the paint off my camo, plus cheap ammo. I had a gas revolver but the air started leaking out of it so I had to get rid of it. I also had a reliable spring m14 that could out shoot my brothers Echo1 G36
 
Last edited:
I would play airsoft (infact i have some airsoft guns), but where I live, you run a medium risk of getting shot with real guns. It's not worth it to me to die because some crazy cop thinks I have a real gun, and I'm shooting at someone. If that wasn't a problem, then i'd be good to go :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top