Valve Announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive






Valve Announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO)


<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

For more information, please visit the CS: GO Steam page


</div>​
 
Last edited:
WHERE'S MY GOD DAMN EPISODE 3?! I swear if they announce another game in development that's not HL I'm going to break something.
 
Wooooo yeah! Party like a rockstar! Party like a rockstar, party like a rockstar, party like a rockstar! Ahhh :d
 
Cant wait

I wanted them to announce Hl2 Ep3 but this is good enough. Hope they have cross platform like Portal 2 Coop.
 
Seeing as this is also being released on next gen consoles,i'm, assuming the graphics are being updated as well,I guess it's fine if they're not,though I hope they are.
 
Im ready.... I may have to break out the PS3 version along with the PC version, just to own everyone with my l33t skillz...

Or my eagle eye for ps3 but whatever....
 
Let's get something straight here...

Valve had NOTHING to do with developing Counter-Strike, Team Fortress or even Day of Defeat. They were all mods developed by the private sector and then bought by Valve because they were so successful. We need to give credit where credit is due.

Valve did develop HL1 and all Source based games. But let's not forget if it weren't for ID Software developing the Quake engine, Half-Life never would have existed and therefore Counter-Strike, Team Fortress or Day of Defeat wouldn't have either.

Valve really owes all of their current success to Counter-Strike. Sure Valve sold lots of copies of HL1 when it launched, but those numbers were NOTHING compared to how many they sold after CS became a hit. All the money they made from HL1 and then CS (after they bought the rights) is how Valve was able to start other large projects like Steam and the Source engine.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I'm an old school PC gamer and I just want to make sure that the ENORMOUS contributions made by the REAL contributors aren't forgotten.

PS - I will be buying CS:GO
 
Let's get something straight here...

Valve had NOTHING to do with developing Counter-Strike, Team Fortress or even Day of Defeat. They were all mods developed by the private sector and then bought by Valve because they were so successful. We need to give credit where credit is due.

Valve did develop HL1 and all Source based games. But let's not forget if it weren't for ID Software developing the Quake engine, Half-Life never would have existed and therefore Counter-Strike, Team Fortress or Day of Defeat wouldn't have either.

Valve really owes all of their current success to Counter-Strike. Sure Valve sold lots of copies of HL1 when it launched, but those numbers were NOTHING compared to how many they sold after CS became a hit. All the money they made from HL1 and then CS (after they bought the rights) is how Valve was able to start other large projects like Steam and the Source engine.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I'm an old school PC gamer and I just want to make sure that the ENORMOUS contributions made by the REAL contributors aren't forgotten.

PS - I will be buying CS:GO

including L4D
 
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I can't wait!
 
Sounds good, maybe they'll update the hitboxes too...

I hope it isn't as ridiculous as TF2 with updates almost every day and hats.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top