What do you go while waiting to connect?

Garlick Brad

Poster
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
213
Just wondering what you all do while you're waiting to connect to game servers. Personally, I like to slap on some Anamanaguchi before I fire up TF2, then do sit-ups while waiting for it to load. Then I continue playing TF2 with Anamanaguchi playing.

(In case you don't know, Anamanaguchi is an indie rock chiptune band.)
 
Sit there and wait for the server to load. I don't remember it ever taking more than half a minute for a server to load.
 
Sit there and wait for the server to load. I don't remember it ever taking more than half a minute for a server to load.

Really? On most games for me it takes at least 4 or 5 minutes, and on certain games it takes 10 or 20. The thing is, my internet speed really isn't that bad, just my PC freezes up when connecting to a server.
 
Really? On most games for me it takes at least 4 or 5 minutes, and on certain games it takes 10 or 20. The thing is, my internet speed really isn't that bad, just my PC freezes up when connecting to a server.

Are you using Vista ? My old computer was using vista and he was also freezing a lot on TF2(when connecting, trading or when I used shift + tab during the game)...
 
I Alt-Tab and go on the forums or chat with people on Steam. This is probably why it TF2 sometimes doesn't respond, but I can't help it. :X
 
Alt-tab and watch YouTube videos, browse Reddit, or chat with people on Steam/Facebook.
 
Lol Vista.

I play this shiz on a laptop and it loads for me in about 45 seconds.
 
Are you using Vista ? My old computer was using vista and he was also freezing a lot on TF2(when connecting, trading or when I used shift + tab during the game)...

Actually I am using Vista. I suppose that must be why then. The thing is, I hate Windows 7 and 8 (even more than Vista) and XP is outdated, so I guess I gotta live with it :(
 
I usually get some music on and ready an excuse in case someone asks.
 
Actually I am using Vista. I suppose that must be why then. The thing is, I hate Windows 7 and 8 (even more than Vista) and XP is outdated, so I guess I gotta live with it :(

IIRC 7 is barely noticeably different than Vista. (I never touched the buggy mess that was Vista RTM)

On the bright side Vista is still supported until 2017!
 
I played in Windowed mode, so normally I'm browsing thousands of songs at a time. Then again I do that anyway so...
 
Actually I am using Vista. I suppose that must be why then. The thing is, I hate Windows 7 and 8 (even more than Vista) and XP is outdated, so I guess I gotta live with it :(

I use vista as well most of the time and almost never have problems loading anything. Not sure why you're having these problems.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top