.....so I got like a ribbon thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernocookie

Poster
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
240
So as the title says I got this ribbon thing. I don't know what it does or why I have it.

It scares me a bit in all honesty. I have a fear of things I don't understand.

If someone could like get rid of the ribbon or at the very least explain what it is, that would really put my mind at ease.
 
If you're talking about TF2 stats, that would be because you have more points (or something like that). If you're talking about on the forums, you can view your awards by going to your profile page and clicking on the arrow (next to the tabs such as Visitor messages or statistics) and see what the awards are and why you got them!
 
Okay so it says field service. But that doesn't make sense I don't go to fields. I live in a desert. As in no fields, like unless they mean fields of sand. Like there's the sting song fields of gold, and sand is kinda gold, but I think he was talking about wheat and barley.
 
The Field Service award is automatically handed out once someone has been promoted to the rank of eG such as yourself. Just like with Outstanding Service once you're an eGO.
 
But like I didn't do any field service. So that again doesn't make sense. Like it confuses and scares me. I get that I'm an eG. But is there anyway to remove it or like hide it. Because I had to put a post-it note on my monitor as to not see it. But I want to take the post-it note off soon, because I don't want the glue to stick to my monitor.
 
As Jd252 explained, this is a ribbon automatically awarded to all eG admins. Taken straight from the Award page, Field Service ribbon "signifies a member's dedication in any capacity to the community".

There is no way to hide it or remove it.

Any chance you are trolling?
 
(ashamed voice.) I was just messing around a bit. I thought some peoples might find it funny. I honestly didn't know what it was for. I didn't mean to get the higher-ups involved. Sorry.....
 
(ashamed voice.) I was just messing around a bit. I thought some peoples might find it funny. I honestly didn't know what it was for. I didn't mean to get the higher-ups involved. Sorry.....

Lol man, isn't this why it is called ''Discussion'' forums :)
 
(confused voice.) Is it called the discussion forum? I don't actually know. So I can't really tell if you're trying to make fun of me or comfort me.
 
Okay thanks for clearing that up.

But why did you laugh at wize's thing? Was it funny? Is there like an inside joke that means he's lying about liking me? (Still in confused voice)
 
(ashamed voice.) I was just messing around a bit. I thought some peoples might find it funny. I honestly didn't know what it was for. I didn't mean to get the higher-ups involved. Sorry.....

Man how did no one get your joke? There was layers of fooling around in there. I enjoyed your silliness though friend.
 
Okay thanks for clearing that up.

But why did you laugh at wize's thing? Was it funny? Is there like an inside joke that means he's lying about liking me? (Still in confused voice)


I am not sure if it is a joke or not
I am also surprised this thread isn't closed by now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Always make mistakes when typing lol
 
Last edited:
(confused voice.) Is it called the discussion forum? I don't actually know. So I can't really tell if you're trying to make fun of me or comfort me.

Can't we be doing both?

In the military (and many of these games we play have military-like themes) you get awards and those are displayed on your uniform most often as a ribbon. That is all that is happening.

Now if you are just being a troll, we are making fun of you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top