The Case for DS Room Transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruchan

EGO Addict
=(e)=
Joined
Jan 2, 2019
Messages
1,204
Having recently become sorta a regular on TS3, I am disappointed at a few things that I see occur on our TS3 server- specifically, the Dedicated Supporter rooms. I feel as if that administrators self-segregate themselves into groups, and completely shut off access to them from people who need them- at times such as myself.

For example, Arbiter, Thorium, Joey, Nuke, Blazey, Xavier, Savana, Mayor, Mom, ConfissionXD, $praayZ, and Ajay all lock themselves within a channel known as "#YungSquad" from the rest of their eGO kin. Because of how unreachable they are, I feel left out and I feel that they are unavaliable despite their presence. This is a problem especially when I need one urgently due to a server situation (not to mention that MAUL chat is almost always ignored).

No matter how you view this thread, the lack of reachability is extremely irritating especially when other forms of communication are blatantly ignored.

TS3 members should be able to reach administrators easily if needed, and as a bonus will make DS Rooms more transparent.

Examples of irritating self-segregation in TS3

View attachment 21520
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know if all of these are viable... But passworded rooms arent the best idea
 
+1, it's really difficult to reach admins when their channels are privated, would love to see open moderation channels
 
While I cant tell if this is a shit post, if you ever need help, the & sign followed by a message on servers will contact all admins across all the source servers, you can also go to the eGO help desk room in teamspeak, message someone on teamspeak, and steam message someone.
 
So the recording thing I will already tell you won't be happening. It would go against one of our already standing TS rules.

I will say that admins should not be ignoring the calls of our member base, regardless of what room they are in. Just because someone is in a locked room doesn't mean they are ignorant to the community around them. I personally do not enjoy the locked rooms either, but of course I am not in the same place as you are.
 
Let me enjoy my alone time while being forced to be part of the masses
 
So the recording thing I will already tell you won't be happening. It would go against one of our already standing TS rules.

Including breaking various US federal and state laws. :P

Thread edited with your additions, thank you for that. Nonetheless, I feel that the lack of reachability is a massive issue.

Thus, I am keeping the thread to my original word minus the solution I originally proposed.
 
Last edited:
You can double click a name and send a message btw, theres nothing wrong with private rooms, just another incentive for people to buy ds.
 
Yesterday, I was messaged by a person with the name of Dylan. He had messaged me to investigate an issue he had with another admin, of which I talked to other admins of the community about and to the admin that in the issue with Dylan. I do not like how you called us out like that without knowing the context of what is going on in our room. If you have anything to ask of any of us or any other admin on TeamSpeak, please message us.
 
There are so many other options for getting admins on the servers, you don't need to join the room to get one of them to join, you can LITERALLY MESSAGE THEM ON TEAMSPEAK AND ASK.

I dont know if all of these are viable... But passworded rooms arent the best idea

"I'm gonna say this thing is bad without saying why."

+1, it's really difficult to reach admins when their channels are privated, would love to see open moderation channels

see the first part of this post. shoutbox, discord, steam, teamspeak messages, maul chat, helpdesk. if theres really a big issue with not getting an admin response then maybe one of those !calladmin plugins should be looked into instead?

part of the reason we sit on TS is because we want to support the community and not have a bunch of people who we don't know join while we're in comp/fivem/whatever else. 9/10 times we're happy to give the password if you ask, but if we don't its because we're doing something.
 
This is a problem especially when I need one urgently due to a server situation (not to mention that MAUL chat is almost always ignored).

No matter how you view this thread, the lack of reachability is extremely irritating especially when other forms of communication are blatantly ignored.

Not once have I been messaged by you on any form of discord, teamspeak etc... and I have never heard complaints from any other admins for "locking myself in a channel" to my current extent. I sit in a channel to have fun with my friends in a undisturbed environment, and you can do the same if you have DS.

I don't mind helping others out at all. I'll go to different channels if someone has a question and answer them to the best of my ability, but if I'm doing nothing (like I'm doing right now) then I'll more than likely be sitting muted in the channel.
 
Last edited:
The reachability is not an issue. There are things called private messages. Not to mention, this post is extremely biased. To start off, you are in a room that you named "good". To add on to that, you feel left out? They are called private rooms for a reason. We give people the password that we want in here. I am sorry to be that person, but it's true. Either way, people who are in a private room are going to be in a room at the end of the day.
 
This thread is extremely hostile from both admins and leadership alike. It's really unsettling to see as someone who's been a part of eGO for a long time. To be honest, some of you are being massive dicks about this. Some of the users points are valid - it can be intimidating or feel difficult to reach out when the active people have locked themselves in a room. Take a step back for a second and look at it from a brand new members perspective.
 
This thread is extremely hostile from both admins and leadership alike. It's really unsettling to see as someone who's been a part of eGO for a long time. To be honest, some of you are being massive dicks about this.

Don't really think it's appropriate to call out an entire room for literally doing nothing except sit on TS, especially when I've seen for myself that everyone in there usually gets on the server when someone asks. The only time I see someone get told no is when we're in comp or doing something else.
 
Don't really think it's appropriate to call out an entire room for literally doing nothing except sit on TS, especially when I've seen for myself that everyone in there usually gets on the server when someone asks. The only time I see someone get told no is when we're in comp or doing something else.

If you joined TS and most other rooms are empty, you're new and don't fully know what to do and you see the same admins who are on all the time but are seemingly locked in a room that is segregated off, wouldn't you be a bit frustrated?

Also, is it appropriate for admins and leadership to react this way? I don't really think so. This is not how eGO members should be acting.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top