How long have you been around eGO?

Lucas15

〈ಠ‿ಠ〉
=(eGO)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
5,785
This post is slightly inspired by the History of eGO post from last month.

I applied and got accepted on January 16, 2011, and was granted my =(e)=™ that day. I included the trademark symbol because we were still using that with our names as we pushed to trademark our branding. However, I've been around the community in some capacity for a year or so prior to joining. I used to play our Dust server (de_dust, not 2) and Jail, even though I wasn't good at the mode. All of this was done on my eMachine computer with 15-30 average fps.

With that said, I extend the question to you: how long have you been around eGO? This isn't just for members and admins. If you aren't a member, we're still curious to know!
 
Only been around 6 months for me. I used to play A LOT of JB on tango before it shut down. Over the summer I remembered this and looked if their servers were back up and found eGO through that. It has been a fun 6 months and love the members of the community :)
 
17.6 years now and I'm still waiting for my 16th and 17th year recognition medals! I first started out in the Counter Strike Division when I joined. I've been playing Counter Strike since it first came out along with the original Battlefield before this clan. So after 2 weeks of Counter Strike; I was pretty much burned-out from playing in the past, I then moved into the Day of Defeat Division and became real good friends with JohnT and Artimus. Then the Insurgency division started up and I jumped into that division until Insurgency 2 came out; which wasn't a free game to play, and then the Insurgency Division was dissolved. Then my friend JohnnyBlaze; who I met playing in CSS, got me into playing Call of Duty and I joined that division which after two weeks or so, it too was disolved. So I figured on joining the Battlefield Division since I've been playing and still play the original version plus all the expansions that came out, way back in the day. I think a year or so later, I met JTipton and we became very good friends and played together all the time until he passeed away last year or so ago. I still miss playing with him. We were diehard Battlefield players among other players such as BeemerMarine, Major Shrapnel and Nrkissed to name a few. I'm still part of the Battlefield Division and will never leave. But recently, I've been getting back into the CSS Division and making new =(eGO)= friends now. It sucks being 60+ years old and meeting people in our great clan to game with. I make friends; while there still in high school, then they leave for college and disappear to never be heard again. Then I have to start over and make new friends and the cycle starts all over again. I miss all those who I played with in the very beginning when I joined this clan. I understand real life gets in the way at times and gaming isn't a priority anymore. Career, marriage, children, a lot of responsibilities come forth. I wish all my past friends the very best and I hope to game with them again one day before the 'Bell Tolls For Thee'! There still on my Steam Friends list but kind of non-existant and or inactive or deceased, GOD Rest their Souls! Anywho, this ia my two cents! Peace Out and I hope to game with all of you in all the games you play and if we get a chance to play CSS or Battlefield together, I hope to take your Dog Tags a few times. LOL! ;)
 
Cigarjohn Cigarjohn Brother! Well Met and Well Said! I understand that making awards yearly is a drain on precious resources, which we should be and are very appreciative of.

Hopefully, management is preparing a 20 (XX) year award!?

Otherwise, my advice to all members... Keep. Going.
 
Back
Top