Earthquake !!! Run Cali Run !!

== PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==​
California Integrated Seismic Net
USGS/ Caltech/ CGS/ UCB/ UCSD/ UNR

Version #E: This report supersedes any earlier reports of this event.
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

A moderate earthquake occurred at 11:42:15 AM (PDT) on Tuesday, July 29, 2008.
The magnitude 5.8 event occurred 3 km (2 miles) SW of Chino Hills, CA.
The hypocentral depth is 12 km ( 8 miles).

Magnitude 5.8 - local magnitude (ML)
Time Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 11:42:15 AM (PDT)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 18:42:15 (UTC)
Distance from Chino Hills, CA - 3 km (2 miles) SW (235 degrees)
Diamond Bar, CA - 8 km (5 miles) SE (127 degrees)
Yorba Linda, CA - 9 km (5 miles) NNE (23 degrees)
Pomona, CA - 11 km (7 miles) S (178 degrees)
Los Angeles Civic Center, CA - 47 km (29 miles) ESE (103 degrees)
Coordinates 33 deg. 57.5 min. N (33.959N), 117 deg. 45.1 min. W (117.752W)
Depth 12.3 km (7.6 miles)
Location Quality Good
Location Quality Parameters Nst=144, Nph=144, Dmin=8 km, Rmss=0.42 sec, Erho=0.3 km, Erzz=1.3 km, Gp=18 degrees
Event ID# ci14383980

Source: http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/ci14383980.htm
 
Last edited:
Didn't feel any of it over here (in Sweden) :D
Hope everyone is alright! At least no-one died as far as i know :D

Don't start to cry for that!!! cry when i kill you on dods!
 
Yeah its a weird feeling when there is an earthquake. I felt one here a couple months ago(south bend, IN of all places), and it was strange. Nothing was broken though. Sounds like every1 is ok from this earthquake.
 
Dangit. Right when I move we get an big quake. I probably would have slept through it just like the last one :(

Got a few texts from my friends about it. Apparently it was rather large.

~Gooda~
 
Nothing damaged here where I am. All my coworkers and I laughed and enjoyed the ride.

Just another day in Arizona Bay
 
It was accuallyat 5.4. CAL Tech lowered it from 5.8 a few hours ago. The quake hit only 40 or so miles from my house.
 
I couldnt imagine what it would be like to feel the ground moving underneath you, must be strange. Glad nobody was seriously injured.
 
Just talked to my sister in Manhattan Beach, L.A.
She didn't feel anything really.

I am worried that one day something terrible is going to happen as a result of an earthquake in CA.... You never know.
 
I live at the epicenter of the quake, it wasn't to bad. I was in bed, so I was somewhat disorientated, and thought I was having a dream in which I had converted my bed into a massage chair.
 
I felt it too :) (was in Yorba Linda) Half of mine was in a car and other half outside ;p When i it started I didn't know what is going on ! I thought that somebody hit my car because it was moving forward and back ;p This was my first earthquake :D I'm here only temporarly . . .
 
I was sitting in my room upstairs reading the eGO forums and my whole room started to shake!
It wasn't to bad though. Does anyone remember the San Francisco earth quake of 1995? Now that one was bad.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top