[MOVED] newegg headsets

so i got the logitec mic that goes threw usb like u suggested but it doesnt work. talk about frustration. i had the worst comp in the world before this one and it worked fine. now i have a bada$$ machine and the only problem is thata no matter what i do i cant get a mic to work. i guess this meen some tech support hours ahead. also the mic doesnt say anything about compatability with vista. in the diagnostics it only goes up to xp. oh the joy of windows!

If you bought the exact mic I posted earlier, I know for a fact it works in Vista (I use it)..

Try searching "Sound" in your Start Menu search bar... Click it and make sure your settings look like this:

soundsettingsxy5.jpg


It's important that the USB mic is set as the default recorder (with the check-mark), and that the levels are turned up... For some reason in Vista, the levels come preset at "7" when you first plug it in.. Make sure that's at "100" so people can hear you.

It should work just fine after that.
 
Which, by the way, is exactly what I was talking about.

Windows, be it XP or Vista, defaults to the mic jack on your audio card and needs to be set to the USB mic. And for some reason, they think people are really loud and default the volume to <10%.
 
Wow, it was active yesterday! lol. Too bad for vista. I have a 780i board as well, and the sound isn't horrible, but any sound card will beat it out. As far as switching between them, I use XP, so i just go to sound and audio devices in control panel and choose which sound output i like. I wish I had the money to upgrade my sound car right now, but it's getting a bit pricey with all the other stuff I've thrown at it. I'm just using a sound blaster audigy se now, which doesn't do it for gaming.
 
oh and i got some headphones to see if it was worth it. holy crap, i immediatly went to newegg and got those phones u suggested

im gonna return the ones i got. also those are 199 and have a 100 dollar repate :)

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief headphone experience. I personally think that headphones are one of the most important parts of your gaming system. They give you a huge advantage in FPS's where knowing the enemies exact location could mean life or death!

I loved my Beyerdynamic DT-770's for the extreme low frequency bass they put out during my gaming sessions, but I haven't gotten much use out of them after I moved my computer to my home theater room (110" projector). The bass output of a 1.5" driver can't really compare to the "shake the room" power of a 230 watt sub with a 10" cone, and 7.1 (Onkyo HT-SR800) does the trick for directional audio.

For music, though, I most definitely pull out my trusty set of cans... the refined sound they deliver is well beyond any similarly priced speaker system, especially when you add in a nice amp! And, of course, it's also nice for when you don't want the whole household to share in your audio experience.. =D
 
Last edited:
ya i have a 7.1 bose system for movies and tv and a samsung 32" 1080i flatscreen as my monitor but my neighbors are close and dont like them to think ww3 is going on in room:). so i have to use headphones. i respect their sanity and i live an extremely quiet community(thank god). oh and i did spend an hour trying to fix the mic sich myself and did what u guys suggested myself and still nothing. im just going to return the damn thing FTW.
 
omg it works!!!!! yay, it works. praise jebus. i didnt set it as default. thanks you guys. a million thanks. if i can help u with anything(like a sig or something) dont hesitate to ask :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top