Recent content by Emaster

  1. E

    Buying a new computer

    Yeah, I would definitely take Huckleberry's build over the one your friend listed any day of the week. The case Huckleberry listed is one of the best towers our there IMO. Western Digital Caviar Black hard drives are top of the line. Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs outclass AMD Bulldozers a thousand times...
  2. E

    Buying a new computer

    I agree with pretty much everything huckleberry said, except maybe the case part. Cooler Master HAF series cases are great, but the 922 is a mid tower ATX, and those parts (specifically the gpu) are packed super close, which can lead to bad airflow, overheating, etc. It's better to get a full...
  3. E

    Buying a new computer

    I would still choose my suggestion (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229311) over your friend's (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229323). His suggestion is okay, but I really think that the AMD FX series is utter garbage. No programs are really...
  4. E

    Buying a new computer

    AMD is a lower-end, budget CPU. Intel is far better if you can afford it. AMD CPUs tend to overheat a LOT unless you have a great aftermarket cooler+heatsink. You're definitely going to want to use the 64-bit Version of Windows. Intel's and AMD's methods of teaming multiple graphics cards are...
  5. E

    Buying a new computer

    I would really recommend building your own computer; you feel a great sense of accomplishment from it, you learn a valuable skill, you save a lot of money on assembly fees, and you get the best bang for your buck. It really isn't as hard as some people make it seem; it's literally plugging...
Back
Top