Recent content by AVADirect_Joe

  1. A

    Steam Games unavailable/not starting

    Make sure the game is fully updated. I was having the same problem, untill I fully updated CS:Source. Try restarting STEAM, that is known to fix any issue you may be having. I googled this problem for a while, and many people have experienced problems with STEAM that are usually corrected in odd...
  2. A

    New computer specs finalized...tell me what you think! (Also some OC'ing questions)

    You should look into Intel Core 2 Quads. They have dropped in price quite a bit, since the release of the Core i7 platform. They are easy to overclock, most of the time, and do not run temperatures up crazy like AMD processors. This is mainly due to the power consumption.
  3. A

    Cheap gaming machines.

    Not bad, you can also get shuttle PCs for about the same price. Nothing high-end, but it will do the trick. A lot of them have intigrated graphics, which could be bad, but if you find an mATX board with an HDMI port you can hook it up to an HDTV. That can only lead to good things. :-)
  4. A

    VGA cooler/ heatsink

    Zalman all the way. They are known for dropping temperatures as low as 15 degrees!!! Then again, the space is a major concern. Does your case have a lot of fans? Upgrading your case fans may be a good idea too.
  5. A

    Mother Board & CPU

    Great board, I used to own one myself. Great for overclocking with Quad-core's and Corsair dominator or OCZ Reaper RAM.
Back
Top