Recent content by Wombat

  1. W

    Headset Reviews

    I had a Steelsound 5H V2 headset. I got it really cheaply when they introduced it on woot.com a few years ago. Very comfortable, sounded good, and my favorite mic so far - it easily retracted, and was fully flexible so I could find the perfect spot where people wouldn't hear me breathing, but...
  2. W

    Trine (demo is here!)

    I have an ATI 4890, and the demo worked great (yes, it installed PhysX for whatever reason). I too remember Lost Vikings, and though this certainly does remind me a lot of the LV mechanics, there are some nice differences. Such as: your characters level up and gain new abilities, and where LV...
  3. W

    This is how unlocks work now, so don't post any questions about it :P

    I managed to get the Ambassador while in the setup period for a payload map, as a blue demoman. Can't get much more random than that.
  4. W

    Robin Walker - "The system is bugged"

    I don't think the community rushed Valve, I think Valve rushed this all by themselves. It would've been a great turnaround for a character update, but they went ahead with TWO character updates. And a new game mode. AND this all-new weapons system. Which they definitely didn't need to...
  5. W

    Do you like this new unlockables system?

    I don't think they're random, I think there's probably things you do that cause them to unlock. I played as a demoman in my 3rd life with the update, had a moderately long life, and got a bunch of kills defending at goldrush. When I died from that life, I earned jarate. I got the backburner...
  6. W

    Firefox popups woes

    FlashBlock https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433 Replaces flash with a box you have to click on to load teh flash. Saves lots of bandwidth, stops pop-up flash ads, and other good stuff. NoScript: http://noscript.net/ It blocks the scripts that sites try to run on your computer...
  7. W

    be apart of warpath history

    Yeah, you can add to the list of "former" donators if Warpath is gone.
  8. W

    be apart of warpath history

    Warpath should automatically get a reprieve, since the server's so bad lately. It actually hit 2 fps server-side today. It doesn't matter what map, a server that laggy is going to drop in rank.
  9. W

    Warpathians - Fight or Die

    Does it have a fighting chance? On the server tonight, an eG was saying that warpath was definitely being removed, they just didn't know what it would be replaced with yet.
  10. W

    warpath2 updates

    I like most of the changes; I'm liking the ladder more than I thought I would, and thanks for moving the buffs at 2/4. Unfortunately I haven't been on the server as much lately b/c of the lag. If it's been asked before and I missed it, I'm sorry, but why aren't there resupply cabinets at the...
  11. W

    Warpathians - Fight or Die

    I was just playing on warpath this afternoon. The poor server is probably killing the ranking more than anything else. I was watching the netgraph, and the server rarely got over 32fps, and was often at 16, 12fps, and even 8fps. It's not the map that's the problem, it's the lag.
  12. W

    Possible Weak Power Supply Issue

    One more thing - does speedfan work for you? Its logging should be able to record the voltages your MB sees.
  13. W

    Possible Weak Power Supply Issue

    Also, you might not like this debugging suggestion, but how well does it run with just one of those video cards in there? Alternatively, when my last PSU was right near its limit, I found that unplugging my storage hard drive was enough saved power to stabilize the system. A nice thing about...
  14. W

    My connection has steadily gotten worse, what to do?

    It could also be that somebody got a new cordless phone or baby monitor or something. Those things mess with wireless in many cases.
  15. W

    Monitor refresh rate out of range????

    Try starting the computer in Safe Mode, and then you should be able to edit/delete your monitor profiles. Which OS?
Back
Top