Recent content by Doobs

  1. D

    Are you a good sniper?

    I'm just decent at sniper now. I used to be a lot better but I haven't been playing TF2 much lately. Thatguy and fuse are pretty amazing snipers; I just haven't seen enough people play to throw out any more names. :( I went 41-3 as sniper at one point tonight, lillGIL made it 41-4, so I'll...
  2. D

    how to make a tf2 temp server?

    It takes a while to set up for the first time, but first of all if you're behind a router you must forward the port that you're running the server on. You can do that by following this guide: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm Simply select your router...
  3. D

    Lag Issues

    Does it stay on one frame the whole time? Does your sound loop? Does your computer ever reset or shut down after lagging for a few seconds? Also, post if you have done any overclocking or driver updates lately or right before this problem started.
  4. D

    Sailors' soldier class upgrade wishlist

    Thick-skulled (12/36): Absorbs 30% damage from headshots. Grave Diggin' (24/36): Shovel has a 3% chance to kill someone in one hit no matter what, even Übercharged players. Shovel may no longer crit. My rockets come from the same place as yours do... (36/36): When you kill someone with a...
  5. D

    New Cards :)

  6. D

    New Cards :)

  7. D

    New Cards :)

    I think it'll be a close match. ATi has really stepped up it's game lately and nVidia is still rolling out great video cards. No matter which is better I'm going with ATi. And, in all honesty, I think that nVidia's new cards will be better.
  8. D

    Is this a good computer?

    You could probably get the same thing from CyberPower PC for a little less if you just play with the configurator for a few minutes. If you need help configuring any of it just ask someone tech savvy that's in vent at the moment. I'd usually be more than happy to help but I have a lot on my...
  9. D

    My cute little overclock...

  10. D

    My cute little overclock...

    Okay, so I bought a new heatsink earlier this week (yes, a day before it was deactivated). My specs: Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester socket 939 (shh) with FSB at [10 x 239] Motherboard: Bleh, posted wrong stats on my motherboard the first time around. My bad. Click on...
  11. D

    Sound

    My theory is that when updating Windows, automatic update found a 'new' driver for your audio device, updated it, and it was corrupt. It's a low chance of happening but if it did, here's how to check: Right click on My Computer and click on properties. Click on the Hardware tab and go to...
  12. D

    SLI or One big GPU

    Not once has someone mentioned southbridges. I might tear up here. If your motherboard supports x16 by 16x SLi or Crossfire operation, then you're in the golden state, my friend. Most motherboards split the PCIe lanes between the two cards and both cards operate at 8x. Anyways, are you...
  13. D

    Thatguy's Sniping Montage

    Now, now, Iadien. Snipers deserve all the points that other classes do, just in different, useless currency. I.E. Soldiers get 2 points for killing someone, Snipers get 2 frosted flakes for killing someone. Oh, and spies should get two "Smokin'!" pictures of Jim Carey for each kill that...
  14. D

    What's the story behind your name?

    Thatguy and I were playing Warcraft 3 one time and he was playing under the name d[o_o]b. Someone called him "doob" and we busted out laughing. Eventually we just started switching noobs with doobs, so noobs = doobs. Then, I needed a name when switching to DoD:S and I picked Doobs, and from...
Back
Top