Recent content by GoT HiTReG?

  1. G

    Admin Reset in progress

    I believe it's only respectful for me to hang up the keys until I decide to start gaming again, as I have been too busy with life. I do try to keep up with the forum, but its been a long time since I've been on the servers.
  2. G

    Well hello there

    ,
  3. G

    Please Don't USE MG

    Just pick up a garand or a sniper rifle and take the mg out; the game favours moving players heavily so just strafe out and quickstop and go for high torso to hopefully get a headshot at range. Sniper rifle its dumb easy to get them with.
  4. G

    Some Interesting Game Statistics

    I dunno, I only ever played allies on Ava and waiting for a bad team to moveup while waiting out the nade wall doesn't help. These stats have a few too many factors since we only really have one map played. I see you play support mostly which opens up the apartments, which isn't as viable for...
  5. G

    Why is your server so bad?

    And thusly did Lord Gaben decree: 66 Tick servers are all that should be. Who needs 100 tick anyways? http://steamcommunity.com/id/got_hitreg/screenshots 1st MR is actually worse since their server tickrate drops to 33 quite frequently, and they have rate locking issues causing stutter.
  6. G

    Check This Out PSA: For those having network/ping issues when Netflix is in-use

    Youtube will auto to the highest as well (for fullscreen anyways), so manually setting your quality there might also help. I think I should probably note here that QoS on consumer devices isn't likely to fix latency issues from downloading stuff. Generally they will only do fq_codel for your...
  7. G

    Network layer/routing issue causing poor hitreg on DOD:S servers :(

    TTL value remaining is one thing that CoPP matches against, and all traffic regardless of transport protocol has an ICMP type 11 (exceeded) returned by the router when TTL expires. TTL attacks are quite good at CPU starvation with no CoPP or similar. We may have a problem, but we would need a...
  8. G

    Network layer/routing issue causing poor hitreg on DOD:S servers :(

    I'll look over this in a second but one thing to note is that traceroutes are not proof of anything except getting the IP/Hostname in the path. These rely on "Time Exceeded ICMP" messages to be returned from the device which decrements the TTL to zero. These are done by the processor, and are...
  9. G

    eGO Rule Update - Everyone please read.

    I assume this is for more benign stuff like twitch links. Edit: NVM Code of Conduct covered my questions, assuming it covers cheat sites. R&U Also I would be inclined to Warn players still about anything that is not a well known site, or uses a URL shortener as I wouldn't touch those without...
  10. G

    Hacker in Avalanche server

    We have SMAC, but it is by-passable via mouse+key inputs rather than commands. The code for SMAC is open source, so it doesn't take much imagination for those who wish to bypass it to do so.
  11. G

    Tech Help A+ Certification?

    Had it. It was basically useless. Most certs are really, especially if they are easily brain-dumped. In all honesty they exist purely to get you passed HR. The Rabbit hole goes pretty deep. Look at a bunch of different career paths and decide which fits you best. In IT it's all about how fast...
  12. G

    Ping changes?

    Looks fine to me, however you may be hitting a congested hop between you and the servers. SENT (0.1440s) TCP 192.168.0.69:65338 > 173.234.28.20:27015 S ttl=64 id=309 iplen=40 seq=2890097327 win=1480 RCVD (0.2740s) TCP 173.234.28.20:27015 > 192.168.0.69:65338 SA ttl=51 id=0 iplen=44...
  13. G

    Holy cow, where does the time go?

    You're making me feel old, stahp
  14. G

    Paging Compton...realism

    Not only did we play on Flash, Axis won the AvA on it!
Back
Top