Need help: Speed Glitch is leaving me unable to play...

hotsaucepancake

I made one post
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
6
I posted this in the DoDs forums as well... as it's happening on both games... thread link: http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101443

Problem:I move at least twice the speed of anyone else if not 3 or 4 times. If I use boost it's like warp speed.

UPDATE: It does it in TF2 Also

If i shoot it's like I'm shooting a mini gun, everything is turbo, EVERYTHING.

So i will just start listing off things I've done and things you can write off.

1. I generally play on only eGo servers, between TF2 and DODs for years now.
2. This started happening after the last patch, but have not played much since I was away on a business trip.
3. I am the only person that uses my computer, no one else has access.
4. I have deleted both configs in my steam folder
5. I have checked the integrity of the install
6. I'm not cheating nor have i ever downloaded a mod, side note: this windows vista install is maybe a month old.
7. I've tried the record demo fix for the glitches.
8. I do see the glitches like the player models buzzing in and out when
running.
9. in the last 3 weeks i tried out an old DoD config I used to use when I played professionally. But it has worked fine and even after the patch it worked fine.

I'm going to try and reinstall the game tonight but any thoughts would be appreciated. Will try TF2 also.
 
Daaah...

I've heard of and seen slowdown glitches, where a player can't actually run at full speed on a server for some reason, but not running faster than normal.

Maybe there is something wrong with your rates. That's all I can suggest.
 
Do other players see you moving at extreme speeds as well or is it just you? Since if its just you, its probably your frame rate or something...
 
It reminds me of when you Alt-Tab out of Diablo 2 then you go super speed for a few seconds
 
Why would you want to get rid of this if it is server side as well as client side?
 
Why would you want to get rid of this if it is server side as well as client side?

Because it's annoying and the way you put it makes it seem like an exploit, which we very much disapprove of.
 
Back
Top