Dod 5 man tourny

Anti-spoon

Poster
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
112
This is real brief im just throwing it out there to see how it goes.
Anyone intrested?
Maybe we can get a server going for us
and make teams of 4 or 5 or 6
either randomly picking teams
or putting together your own teams

Set up brackets,almost like a basketball bracket and have times to play
the teams will verse each other till one team beats the other ...best out of 3.....the rules could be changed depending on how big this idea gets.....maybe the winning team gets a medal made for them to put in there cigs....or like a DOD belt...... you all get what im sayin? let me know what you think maybe JT or some others could help organize.i will definitely donate my own time to help get this going

This tourny would be a fun competitive way of getting to know each other and may improve your skill and ingame communication. It might also bring new people to the site so they can have there go at things.
 
Last edited:
just to add my 2 cents... dod isnt like a normal game that can be run in a 5-7 player fashion. even in the cal fashion it runs into the same constant problems. i use to play on a team that constantly tried to run scrim type games and it doesnt get fun nor does it become enjoyable to others. while it may and does have the chance to advance skill level... i have always personally viewed dod as a enjoyable relaxation to a tribute of history and wouldnt wanna retake in that type of fashion.
 
I love competition play and I love the idea of doing it internally, the problem is I can see this causing a "clique-like" environment and creating divides between players or whole teams that might fracture the DoDS division. I just think people get too competitive and however subtle or passive the resentment would be it would exist on some level as a result of this type of competitive model.
 
I think it's an awesome idea!!! All I have to say is just to get it more organized, and talk it over with a DL.:P
 
I love competition play and I love the idea of doing it internally, the problem is I can see this causing a "clique-like" environment and creating divides between players or whole teams that might fracture the DoDS division. I just think people get too competitive and however subtle or passive the resentment would be it would exist on some level as a result of this type of competitive model.

Well said ron. Also we do Divisions Scrims. Theres really no need to have this.
 
lot of mixed feelings, if there are enough people then maybe we can get enough people signing on saying that they are in, those who don't wanna be apart wont be looked down upon at all. its all by choice, but like i said im just throwing it out there. their are a lot of modifications that can be done to make it better for others who are skeptical.
 
The idea is neat, but needs work. Five players is just way too few for most DoD maps. The skills and necessary teamwork just don't emerge in a small man squad.

What'd you have there is a game of Halo 3.

I'd be up for a bigger team size, for sure. As for it causing cliques and dissension....I'd have to hope that eGO members could stay above that. One of the many reasons I play on the servers.
 
we have enough members to do 10 v 10, perhaps starting with just scrims with two captains choosing teams on a set day and time would be simpler than setting up a tournament. Too many scheduling conflicts for a tourny. In a CSS clan we would do officers vs. enlisted, that was always fun.
 
I love competition play and I love the idea of doing it internally, the problem is I can see this causing a "clique-like" environment and creating divides between players or whole teams that might fracture the DoDS division. I just think people get too competitive and however subtle or passive the resentment would be it would exist on some level as a result of this type of competitive model.
I dont really agree with that, but im not going to get into it, anyway ive messaged some division/ council members on the topic and i got a good reply. So I am going to step away from the subject and see where things go and hope it goes in a good direction.
 
I dont really agree with that, but im not going to get into it, anyway ive messaged some division/ council members on the topic and i got a good reply. So I am going to step away from the subject and see where things go and hope it goes in a good direction.

awesome, if they come up with a good system for intra-clan competition that'd be sweet! I just don't want to see any of our events polarize us and after the House incidents I'm sure they won't risk it, and they'll do it right.
 
I do enjoy some competitive playing, and I think that any sort of intra-clan competition with random teams from a pool of willing participants could be fun. The idea of predefined teams, though could lead to problems as others have mentioned.
 
Perhaps a stacking of teams based off of stat points? Random could forseeably create horrifically unequal teams.
 
Back
Top