This point/stat thread is unique! Trust me!

Can we have points for suicide nading an MG so the rest of the team survives? j/k, I dont mind dying as long as I can take out the MG or the "proner" or camper with my "death nade". I have fun playing somewhat recklessly and sacrificing my life for the greater good.
 
I'll probably just look at something like psychostats next, no sense is designing from the ground up if I don't have to. I'm on my laptop, so i don't have any of my work, but I guess the best description is that it's more of a flat system. However, the more people you killed per life, the more points you get. So, it's less about taking the points away, and more on trying to isolate proficiency.

Looking back, I should've looked at hlxstats first, I didn't realize it was so static a program.
 
playerMod*weaponMod)(.4NKills+5)

playerMod:
3000p less= .5
2500p less= .6
2000p less= .7
1500p less= .8
1000p less= .9
500p less or more = 1
1000p more= 1.1
1500p more= 1.2
2000p more= 1.3
3000p more= 1.4
3500p more= 1.5

weaponMod:
melee weapon = 2
mg = .8

Sorry this took so long, I've been busy and not on my PC. I couldn't find my full outline, it's somewhere in my skype history with my friend, but this is where we started from. As you can see, it takes into account varying levels between players (playerMOD) and your weapon usage. We put the multiplier roughly as mg as .8 and melee, the hardest to get, at 2, but that's flexible. The idea, for whoever was interested, was just to show you the basic set up. If you are killed by someone with less points, there is a multiplier, but much smaller. If you are killed by someone lower, with an mg, it's even less. If you kill multiple people before dying, you get a bonus.



he did wear the tag many sun sets ago... what is the point of this thread???? jesus.. if you dont like it or are dissapointed in any way please feel free to never play in eGO servers again. like JohnT once said "we get over 750,000 unique steam id's a month" one gone will not harm us. something in that line.. I cant remember what he said exactly

if you are loosing alot of pt. maybe you need more practice.

As for this vizier, it's interesting when I compare your stats to mine. Perhaps you were once far better than me, but I was on a mac with 10 FPS, but for future reference, I'd be slower to judge. I haven't been rude in anyway to eGO, I just play on the servers, don't cause trouble, and you seem to think I'm some sort of renegade. I was excited about a way I thought could even help the servers, but all I've received are ad hominem attacks. Although, I'm am grateful for I believe ronpaul for actually wanting to take a look, at least he's open and curious, as he tells me it's not possible to change.
 
I like how player kills are factored into every new kill. This means that each kill the victim's points are factored into how much the killer should be awarded for his streak. If Noxx has killed 6 people and his 7th victim is only 500 points less than him, he's actually going to get 2 or 3 more points than if he had killed him first in this life. This method of awarding bonus points for streaks is at least far more rewarding than the current one, my only problem is that if an MG has killed 12 people and then he kills me, he's going to get almost double the points he would have got if he had just killed me first, all because of his streak of killing players that I had nothing to do with. Is this by design? This punishes players for not being team-oriented. This is going to punish good players on bad teams and introduce a whole new set of imbalances.

Take a look at this, and if you have the time:

  1. Fire up MS Access or a free DB program
  2. Make a 3NF DB with tables of point differentials, weapons, and streak figures
  3. Polish and export the SQL into a more sophisticated DB like MySQL
  4. Write up the scripts to receive server logs and feed it into the DB
  5. POOF stat system created

playerMod*weaponMod)(.4NKills+5)

playerMod:
3000p less= .5
2500p less= .6
2000p less= .7
1500p less= .8
1000p less= .9
500p less or more = 1
1000p more= 1.1
1500p more= 1.2
2000p more= 1.3
3000p more= 1.4
3500p more= 1.5

weaponMod:
melee weapon = 2
mg = .8

Sorry this took so long, I've been busy and not on my PC. I couldn't find my full outline, it's somewhere in my skype history with my friend, but this is where we started from. As you can see, it takes into account varying levels between players (playerMOD) and your weapon usage. We put the multiplier roughly as mg as .8 and melee, the hardest to get, at 2, but that's flexible. The idea, for whoever was interested, was just to show you the basic set up. If you are killed by someone with less points, there is a multiplier, but much smaller. If you are killed by someone lower, with an mg, it's even less. If you kill multiple people before dying, you get a bonus.
 
Some night's I pass my point's out like Trick of Treat candy. I also don't like it when I kill 5 player's at 2 point's each then get killed and give up 15 to 25 point's.
 
I like how player kills are factored into every new kill. This means that each kill the victim's points are factored into how much the killer should be awarded for his streak. If Noxx has killed 6 people and his 7th victim is only 500 points less than him, he's actually going to get 2 or 3 more points than if he had killed him first in this life. This method of awarding bonus points for streaks is at least far more rewarding than the current one, my only problem is that if an MG has killed 12 people and then he kills me, he's going to get almost double the points he would have got if he had just killed me first, all because of his streak of killing players that I had nothing to do with. Is this by design? This punishes players for not being team-oriented. This is going to punish good players on bad teams and introduce a whole new set of imbalances.

Take a look at this, and if you have the time:

  1. Fire up MS Access or a free DB program
  2. Make a 3NF DB with tables of point differentials, weapons, and streak figures
  3. Polish and export the SQL into a more sophisticated DB like MySQL
  4. Write up the scripts to receive server logs and feed it into the DB
  5. POOF stat system created

Well, that mg may get a bonus for killing 12 before you, but his multiplier on mg is lower, one, and also depending on his points standing he won't take as much from you depending. I actually don't know any SQL, but as with all coding, I learn as I go. I'm actually really glad you're somewhat intrigued by the system, I'd love any other suggestions you have. The whole team player thing is hard to quantify, perhaps if classes like sniper and mg get lesser multikiller points? I'm in no real hurry to finish this up, seeing as calc 2 and physics classes are taking most of my time, and getting home from work I just want to game, but I'll make an effort to work on it more.
 
Homosapien,

I think what Duality was trying to say is that although the HLX Stats are a pain in the buttocks, they are a set of point standards that will never change. I could go on complaining about how i loose points (if i had any) and so on but HLX is here to stay. If we keep altering the point system we might as well not have any at all beacuse there will be no standard to compare our improved skill. Basically the stat system is like a control in a science experiment, and that makes us all guinea pigs. My suggestion is ignore the HLX stats, itll lower your blood pressure and stop your night terrors, it did for me!!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top