Houston, we have a problem

Muscles89

EGO Zealot
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
1,484
This is just a message to all that I will be afk for a couple days. My PC decided to take a crap while performing a Windows Update (thank you Microsoft). I am in the process of rebuilding my PC right now, so it may take me a couple days to get everything reloaded. I will be able to access my PMs here, if anybody needs me.
 
Ahh...Nothing better than have your PC crash while getting OS updates...How I love you Microsoft =/
 
I feel your pain, bro. This happend to me just few months ago as well. ;_____;
 
Just move yourself to spec and put on the tag. That should avoid any afk-checks.
 
Why do people still do windows updates?

Because Windows has soooo many security holes in it. My PC was beginning to run sluggish anyway, & I was going to do a fresh install on "my time". I don't like being unprepared and FORCED to do it. :(

=(eGO)=Muscles89
 
Wait what problem did an update cause that required an entirely re built computer? That seems like a little bit of over kill.
 
Houston weather for the next few weeks: high's in the 70's, sunny skies, cool nights...and you say you're unable to get on your PC for a few weeks, eh? yeah, I hear ya buddy. My PC ain't working so well, either :P

7day.JPG
 
Wait what problem did an update cause that required an entirely re built computer? That seems like a little bit of over kill.

Well, after installing an update for IE7, I was told to reboot, which I did. Once I booted back up, I began to get random Command Prompt windows all over my screen (as many as 10 at a time). I tried 3 different System Restor points, none of which fixed the problem. I booted into Safe Mode to get my data off of C drive before rebuilding. Upon reinstall, I was asked if I wanted a fresh install or repair the current OS. I selected to repair as I thought it could save me some time. Just over half-way I got the windows popping up again.

Thus my need to wipe HD clean and start from scratch. Tonight I am doing PC Restore that is a hidden partition on Dell's that has a copy of the PC when it shipped. That will save me from having to go "driver hunting".
 
ewwww IE:facewall::chair:

windows is already terrible and you use their browser ewwww... Get firefox and just hide IE updates.. they cause me issues all the time, and IE just gets slower and slower each time..

Thank god for Dell atleast, they are like the only company that will help you out.. somehow one of my laptops got its "secret" partition erased(don't ask how i dunno) and even though my warranty was up they still sent me the reinstall discs free of charge.. Everyone else wants you to pay shipping to do this..

lol i wish i was in texas... Silly canadian weather its freezing and we getting hail and apparently snow later this week..
 
Well I run IE, Firefox, and Opera (at least, did) and use them for different things. Firefox seems to work best for Facebook, except for the online chat feature which I use IE for. Opera for the snowmobiling sites I run (I'm in Wisconsin), and IE for basically everything else. It's the only one that works well with secure banking sites, at least for me.
 
really facebook chat doesn't work in firefox for you? it does for me.. weird
now i would have to agree with you IE does seem to be a little better on the security. Iv'e never used opera, I hear lots of people talking about it though. The only time I really use IE is in my website testing, I'm not a big fan of tables for layout and prefer CSS so I do some testing every now and again on IE to make sure it displays the same on both. Its kinda funny that the biggest company is so far behind on what people use on the internet now.. hehe guess they are to busy fixing the bugs and holes to work on getting stuff added on :P
 
Well, I'm just about to return to the land of the living again. Got my PC pretty much back to where it was. I should be able to operate normally now. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top