Eastern Front Summary

Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
158
I thought some of you guys might enjoy this. I am a big historical buff. I love to study history in any epoch of time. One of the subjects I am very knowledgeable of is WWII. Perhaps its why I like WWII games like DoD. Anyways, heres what I wanted to show you guys.

http://english.pobediteli.ru/

Its a flash animation of the war on the eastern front. The site I got it from is kinda pro-Russian but the facts in the animation are true. It shows how in the early months of the war, how the Germans were able to trap large pockets of troops, using simple pincer moves with their armor, resulting in thousands or Russian prisoners. Also it shows the defense of Moscow, the encirclement of General Von Paulus 6th army at Stalingrad and the epic tank battle at Kursk. It shows the war from beginning to end. Anyways, enjoy. ;)
 
There is nothing wrong with being pro-Russian. Communism r0x0rz.

Interesting site....
 
over a million vetrans still living!
thank them while you can as many are elderly and the #s are lowering :(
Good video and thanks to the vetrans
 
I have read a few memoirs written by soldiers that fought on the eastern front. The Forgotten Soldier and Tank Rider are worth reading if you haven't. I also wrote a terribly mangled term paper on the treatment of Soviet POW's during the course of the war. Absolute madness is all I can say.
 
[quote1194433828=DyeMatrix]
I feel 17% smarter
[/quote1194433828]

Nothing wrong with that. You learn something new everyday.

Anyways, who saw the flash animation from beginning to end? It takes about 30 minutes to watch, kinda long I know, but its rather interesting. 8)
 
Back
Top