new "e's"

I'm a e and I follow by the rules on a daily basis. I know what is expected of me and I give the full 110%. It's the e's that don't take the time to read the rules and give eGO a bad reputation. There is always a bunch of bad apples but eGO leadership does weed those ones out. On the DOD source side of things, I, personally haven't seen anyone act out of order. I'm just expressing my opinion.
 
What about adding another 'layer' of eGO membership, sort of like putting new potential recruits 'on probation' for say, 10 hours of gameplay?

So before they become full-fledged e's and get to wear the 'e' tag, they have to wear a different tag which clearly signifies to everyone that their application is being processed and that they are on 'probation', so to speak.

That way eGO members (and even pubs) can submit feedback on our forums, whether good or bad, from what they observe, and add another layer of quality control to the recruiting evaluation process. IMO, a misbehaving recruit on probation causes less damage (in terms of pub's perception of eGO standards) than a misbehaving 'e'.

'e' membership in and of itself is a probationary period. They are not quite full members as they do not have administrative access. They are being looked after by senior admins in-game and by violating the rules they are violating their probation. They graduate from this probationary period by obeying rules to become eGs. Our community knows that e's don't have admin access and they are aware that they are new members. The people trashing us don't think there's a difference between an e and an eGO but our base community understands this relationship and is therefore, in my opinion, not judgmental of eGO when a new 'e' steps out of line in a server.

This is a snippet from the history and structure page demonstrating the probationary nature of the 'e':

e's are recruits. They are learning the ways of eGO and getting to know everyone within the clan. e’s are held to higher standards than regular pubs on our servers. Although admin is not given at this point, they are watched closely to see who is capable of being an admin.
 
'e' membership in and of itself is a probationary period. They are not quite full members as they do not have administrative access. They are being looked after by senior admins in-game and by violating the rules they are violating their probation. They graduate from this probationary period by obeying rules to become eGs. Our community knows that e's don't have admin access and they are aware that they are new members. The people trashing us don't think there's a difference between an e and an eGO but our base community understands this relationship and is therefore, in my opinion, not judgmental of eGO when a new 'e' steps out of line in a server.

This is a snippet from the history and structure page demonstrating the probationary nature of the 'e':

Just to say one thing, e's that break the rules and cause issues show leadership and their division leaders, as well as the eGO community that they're unfit to take the responsibility of being a admin for eGO. IMO.
 
i agrre blindly and honestly i think you are a good e :) me idk i dont judge myself but i try to follow the rules and get in as many events i can
 
'e' membership in and of itself is a probationary period. They are not quite full members as they do not have administrative access. They are being looked after by senior admins in-game and by violating the rules they are violating their probation. They graduate from this probationary period by obeying rules to become eGs. Our community knows that e's don't have admin access and they are aware that they are new members. The people trashing us don't think there's a difference between an e and an eGO but our base community understands this relationship and is therefore, in my opinion, not judgmental of eGO when a new 'e' steps out of line in a server.

This is a snippet from the history and structure page demonstrating the probationary nature of the 'e':

I understand that our base community knows the difference between a probationary 'e', versus Gs or Os who have admin access. I guess the problem is what the people outside of that 'base community', i.e. the general public, or new players on our servers, perceive. I know it's cliched, but often times first impressions count, as perception can be reality to them. But if our priority is our base community, then it's a moot point. Those interested enough to stick around will eventually come to learn the differences between our e's, G's, and O's.
 
Being a recruiter, what could we do better? We all know that we shouldn't be referring riff-raff to eGO. We review applicants' chat logs, name history, ban records, everything about a player, and they are accepted/denied based on Leadership-defined standard operating procedure that the individual recruiters have little to no control over. We post the rules in acceptance threads, encourage the new recruits to read them, and implore them to ask any questions they might have concerning the rules.

This is a training issue, and it is an enforcement issue. When they apply to eGO they agree, by nature of their application, to follow our rules and regulations. The problem is most recruits don't read our rules before agreeing to them. Failure to read or abide by the rules is breaking the contract that they made with us when they joined. I don't have any sympathy for new recruits that don't follow our rules, and ignorance is not an excuse. In short, the zero-tolerance rule we have with our e's is a good one and should be enforced. Kick unruly e's, set the example, because there will always be more e's that don't read the rules.

I suppose youre right.

I just meant that maybe this problem could be "nipped in the bud." You guys do a good job its just that every now and then it seems like more bad seeds get let through. I guess its all part of the cycle of things but it it still makes me angry!!! :cursing: And you wont like me when im angry!!! :cursing:
 
I say have a school for =(e)='s to learn about rules :) (It might work!)
 
Last edited:
I am bit lenient with "e's" and will tell them if they over step the mark. If when dealing with a problem one butt's in I ignore him until I am finished then explain to the "e" what I was doing and why, I have found that the "e" is then more responsible and an asset EGO: I have aquired a lot of friends this way and some are now "eg's" and are admining in a professional manner. A class for "e's" sounds like a good idea.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top