Monitor edge

Chulai Knight

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
1,645
I know everyone wants to have an edge up in gaming over the opposing team. So, since we are all "brothers in arms" i wanted to share something that works for me; as we all know, a fraction of a second can mean life or death.

By testing different sizes and types of monitors i have found that a 32" Sony HDTV (not all brands will give the same results) running at 120 Hz. and connected into the HDMI connector increases visibility and response time; and at my age (64) I need all the help I can get. I also found that by replacing the older monitors in our corporate offices with this type of monitor, my employees are having fewer head aches and are able to concentrate better. They have been worth the money.

If you go to a larger monitor, i found that it defeats the advantage you might expect. Also going to the new 240 Hz monitors may be even better, i haven't tried them as yet. i am not trying to sell the Sony monitor, just telling you that i have tried several brands and Sony worked best with our computers. I hope this will help anyone who needs to replace their aging monitor.

If anyone has an "edge" they would like to share, i know we all will be interested in hearing about it.
 
Last edited:
High AA. With a high AA enabled it helps seeing the edge of players peeking around a corner. With an MG, train on a corner and as soon as you see even a few pixels change start shooting.

Shooting through walls is fun too if you can predict where a player is running. On kalt I will aim through a particular beam of wood on the wheelhouse (axis side) if Im mounted on the steps over courtyard. Any allies running through the bottom doorway into our side of wheelhouse will run into the MG fire. You can also try to run the crosshairs up the stairs to your best guess to get any Mgs or ppl prone on the steps. The downside is that with the MG42 you expend ammo quickly and overheat.

Another thing I do with rocket on either side on Kalt is to drop down 2nd ladder in sewers, with the rocket already aimed. Be ready to fire as soon as you drop down and you can catch axis or allies by surprise with a rocket to the face. You'll probly blow yourself up but its fun. Just make sure you dont have yellow in the health bar because the fall will usually kill you, and thats embarrassing. :)
 
Back
Top