Jail - Math trivia

It never matters for me I just rush the closest CT by the time cells open. Only 45 % of the time this works. :)
 
You can't avoid national/ cultural bias in a trivia game on the internet. It is nearly impossible.
 
I remember one of the few times I played jail, there was a big argument over a problem because the warden didn't understand the order of operations and about half the people in the server sided with him >_>

That's happened at least four times as i have played. I remember the warden one time said something like: 2+4/2*3-6^2*1

He woulda said the answer was 9. It is not 9, it is -28. (THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE BTW). :facewall:

But i agree, i like it when people randomly ask "what is the third pokemon gym brock visits?" and everyone is yelling out THREE z0mg FOUR z0mg FIVE?!??! and the answer is none.

Trick trivia questions about fun stuff is the way to go.


allan said:
4 O3+(OH4)1

Ooo some chemistry? ;]

You should try something along the lines of double substitution.
KNO2 + P2(SO4)3 + O2 + H -> K2(SO4) + P(NO2)3 + H2O
 
Last edited:
considering the vast advancements in jail map technology
why not do something fun other then trivia? :3
 
Back in my day, when alcatraz pre final was out, we would all just go to disco. None of this "trivia" you people speak of.
 
The answer is indeed always 4.

I found this thread just now and I am proud of my impact on eGO Jail trivia. 2+2 as a staple is almost solely my doing. However, thanks to it, I have been able to switch up with a 2+3 or 2/2 once in a while and trick people. Yea 2+2 is repetitive, but it is far better than me asking my new Taylor Series expansions and complex roots questions that no one can answer. The main problem with really complicated trivias (the bullet calibers of certain weapons for one) is that a lot of people will just pm the answers to friends because no one else in the server would POSSIBLY know the answer. It's much better to ask unbiased questions, though perhaps 2+2 is now predictable.

Point is, the answer is always 4.

But if you must, I'll ask questions about the complex impedances of circuits or maybe the eigenvalues of equations next time. :D
 
Last edited:
I agree! lets educate all the jail players!! :)
It's true that for the last few months everytime i go play in jail we play "trivia" and 99% of the questions are math related.. C'mon people, we know more than that. And like some said above: MATH QUESTIONS ARE NOT TRIVIA!!!! :)
 
Last edited:
ask simple riddles. those should be available to answer to most of the players of different ages/cultural backgrounds. simple ones are:

1) a red house is made out of red bricks.
a blue house is made out of blue bricks.
what is a green house made out of?
- glass

orrrrrrr

2) what can you catch but not throw?
- a cold


see those don't require players to alt+tab out of game to go into google to search for the answer....also these riddles/questions require a bit of thinking so players won't be able to spam answers right away. that's my suggestion although i don't play jail anymore because of the current way the game is played (back out of cell, shift walking, don't move/jump/crouch/look/talk/breathe)...kind of boring and i always get free killed :(
 
I'm fine with them being math questions, as i work them out real quick, type them real quick and get to choose around 4 t's to die :D
 
ask simple riddles. those should be available to answer to most of the players of different ages/cultural backgrounds. simple ones are:

1) a red house is made out of red bricks.
a blue house is made out of blue bricks.
what is a green house made out of?
- glass

orrrrrrr

2) what can you catch but not throw?
- a cold


see those don't require players to alt+tab out of game to go into google to search for the answer....also these riddles/questions require a bit of thinking so players won't be able to spam answers right away. that's my suggestion although i don't play jail anymore because of the current way the game is played (back out of cell, shift walking, don't move/jump/crouch/look/talk/breathe)...kind of boring and i always get free killed :(

I do love this post, but with some of the maps, its almost impossible to control the ts without that boring pre-cell opening rant. And I asked the greenhouse question once and was psayed by an admin that the question wasn't allowed for reasons of ambiguity and what not lol. I figured that's the point of riddles but w.e.
 
I know D: I hate having to rebel when the warden says trivia, I wish that one day when warden says trivia, i will be happy
 
I always suggest music as a trivia topic but no one seems to listen to me. I agree that it's always stupid math questions and it is a fastest reaction type contest, but the wardens need to ask a question they're sure everyone will know. I hate it when it's sports trivia and only one person knows the answer. In that case it's hardly a competition any more. You do, however, have a valid point. :/
 
merriam-webster dictionary defines trivia as- a quizzing game involving obscure facts

the last time that i checked, two plus two equals four was not an obscure fact that requires any sort of actual thought.

i completely agree with this thread

i also add that anytime a warden uses 2+2 as a trivia question i reply "The answer is x, you never said that the answer had to be numerical, making variables a correct answer"

win.
 
Ooo some chemistry? ;]

You should try something along the lines of double substitution.
KNO2 + P2(SO4)3 + O2 + H -> K2(SO4) + P(NO2)3 + H2O

6KNO2 + P2(SO4)3 + O2 + 2H2 -> 3K2(SO4) + 2P(NO2)3 + 2H2O (fyi hydrogen never appears as a monoatomic as you put in the first part of the equation, i fixed this in my balancing)

I believe is the balanced equation if that is in fact what you were looking for

stoichiometry in chemistry ftw
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top