TTT Server?

Suri

I made one post
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
18
I am not sure if this has already been asked. But has EGO ever thought about putting up a TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) server?

It's a mod that runs on G-Mod, and I know this is the CS:S section, but its the closest to G-Mod that EGO runs. The mod is by the same people that did ZombieMaster. Here is some info on the Mod.

ttt800.jpg


http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/inde...6&topic=9124.0

The link above is a good overview of what this game-mode is about.

More details in this link: http://ttt.badking.net/info



Trouble in Terrorist Town is a mystery solving game where everyone on the server are either involved in a crime or the victim of it. Every terrorist looks alike but 2-5 are randomly selected to become Traitors and their goals are to kill all of the Innocent terrorists. Depending on the number of players, 1-2 Detective terrorists will gain additional resources to help identify the Traitor terrorists and kill them before they can kill any more of their own kind.
 
We dont run Garrys Mod servers because they are extremely resource intensive.
 
Regular Garry's Mod servers are extreme resource hogs due to all the props you can spawn.
The server must calculate physics on that many props as well as the positions and what have you.

However, a mod running on G-MOD that doesn't allow you to spawn items shouldn't be too bad, but still it would strain the servers. It would have to be on its own dedicated server by itself.
 
Regular Garry's Mod servers are extreme resource hogs due to all the props you can spawn.
The server must calculate physics on that many props as well as the positions and what have you.

However, a mod running on G-MOD that doesn't allow you to spawn items shouldn't be too bad, but still it would strain the servers. It would have to be on its own dedicated server by itself.

In this Mod you can not spawn items. But I do understand that Gmod can be a hog, but I believe this game is not so much.

But i understand why EGO would not want to touch Gmod. Just a thought I would toss your way. It's a new Mod thats getting allot of attention and every server I see is full, so thought EGO may want to look into it.
 
lol looks really interesting, gonna have to try it out. However to answer your question, it is highly unlikely. People have already stated why, but also because of the all important $$$$
 

Latest posts

Back
Top