Starcraft II beta

sLooKer

Active Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
374
I know this is CS:S source division discussion but i consider you all my friends. I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten the SCII beta and would like to add me. If so please PM me, i want to try and get some strategy and stuff down for the game before the full release.
**If leadership wants to remove this its fine. i already posted in RTS forum and got little responses. I wanted to find some members that I might know to add me.

Thanks,
sLooKer
 
err... i gave the key to my friend... (yes i know im a waste)
sorry cant add you mate! D:
 
ZOMG THIS IS OUT? OMG

SO MUCH HYPE?

Oh realised it was only Beta, still... wait what does beta mean o.o
 
I will hopefully be getting a beta key when I pre order the game after my first class today.


I've never played starcraft before or RTS in general so I should be a good sparing partner XD
 
ZOMG THIS IS OUT? OMG

SO MUCH HYPE?

Oh realised it was only Beta, still... wait what does beta mean o.o

I dont know if this was a serious question, but if so then the stages of video game production based on personal knowledge go like this.

This is an extremely generic timetable and leaves stuff out so bear with me:

1. Initial game theory and planning

2. Pitch for approval and whatnot

3. Blah blah blah make the game

4. Integration and System Testing (basically runs each line of code for correct functions and makes sure the interface, environment, and other modules run in unison without a hitch)

5. Alpha testing (usually internal, a lot of bugs, simply takes the raw data and runs it to correct any mistakes and balance issues)

6. After a lot of internal alpha they offer beta keys for players to test the game and report on issues. Sometimes its top notch players only who know the game mechanics extremely well, usually its just a promotion or lottery that sends them out at random.

7. Beta testing (closed public before market release to fix 99% of problems)

7. Release wooooo!!!!

It seems Blizzard went back and adjusted some of their balance issues which is why the release kept getting pushed off. One of my ex WoW guildmates has family who work for Blizzard and I didnt hear any news of alpha testing problems. Now that beta is out its probably going to be a few months until release (they say October).

I personally cannot wait as SC was a game that my dad had played and then broke the CDs and wiped the old desktop with the install on it so I could never play it. I followed some gameplay and the graphics take my breath away every time. They are making us wait because they want it to be a game that can compete graphically and down the road remain a viable RTS game for many years to come.

Hope I helped!
 
I had to harass gamestop.com to actually email me my code. it took four days. be wary.
 
Oh I got the code but I keep getting issues with my UPnP and tracker so it isn't working, any ideas?

***So my university blocks P2P so I cant install the game on campus, so I am going to my frat brothers house to download it later hahaha yes***
 
Last edited:
Two of my roommates got it and started playing like 3 months ago.

I heard it's pretty good..

Enjoy, fellas. :)
 
You know people were selling beta keys for over $500 on ebay? I dont know if they are still being sold. It cant believe someone would pay $500 for just a beta!
 
Does seem gamestop ended their pre order beta keys...so canceled that and am trying from amazon.
 
Hey, anyone want to hedge bets on whether Starcraft 2 gets delayed until next year?
From what I've heard, they've taken away LAN play, and that is something I would want to have in the release!
 
Got my beta key from amazon today \o/.


Just finished updating my game so maybe later we can play slooker.
 
Back
Top