Nerf the Kar 98

I've seen people who are good with the M1 completely mow down a full team. It's all about your skill level with the gun. Back in my prime I managed to understand how the M1 hitboxes worked and was pretty good with it.
 
Meh. Each gun/class certainly has a balance in DoD:S, and it most definitely matters who is wielding each weapon.

However, the unbalance that you seem to be mentioning most likely occurs from a difference in team skill rather than weapon/class imbalance. I'll be honest with you guys; before eGO, I literally played nothing besides Axis, and almost nothing on Axis besides rifleman. As Blue mentioned, it gave me the most satisfaction of all the weapons that I had mastered.

While I still love the k98 and the Axis rifle class, you'll find my kills a bit more spread out and even between Axis and Allies these days. Honestly (once again), probably not as balanced as it should be. Each person who plays has a favorite weapon or class, and the majority of the time they want to play it. The problem is that many of these players clump together on Axis. This is by no means saying that a good group of allied players cannot win. It happens and is by no means a rarity.

The pubbers/e's/and even admins like to play with friends and people that they know and communicate well with. While we can hardly fault them for that, it is easy to gripe about the game imbalances and call for a nerfing of this and that. That really won't fix the problem and we all know that DoD:S patches/updates are so few and far between this isn't a realistic outcome.

My suggestion would be to find a group of (skilled) people who enjoy playing allies, friend them on Steam, and return the favor to the axis. I'm by no means calling for team stacking or saying that you should constantly get your friends to gang-bang axis. That being said, if you think many of the axis players have not played together, or are not inviting their friends to our servers to play with them on axis; you are most certainly mistaken.

Speaking from a Avalanche point of view (which obviously is one of the most Axis-biased maps in the game) all it takes is a few brave allies to turn the tide. Don't be afraid to use admin chat to ask if someone can switch over to even up the teams (in # or skill). But don't spam or nag, people are still going to play the game to enjoy it and we aren't going to force anyone to play a specific class or a certain side.

The skill imbalance is something that is frequently talked about, and something that is common on nearly all servers. A patch/nerf won't change that, a few good men might.
 
Every weapon in dod:s I find balanced, it's simply a matter of who that uses them, in medium to medium/short range the grand wins if the axis player isn't very good with the kar98. On long range the Kar98 wins if the axis player is just kinda good at aiming. This is 'cos the kar98 is one shot one kill, so on long range it wins if the guy can aim and in medium range the m1 wins 'cos of the semi stuff.
 
Maybe I am delusional, but every time I see Wewo write "a few riflemen to Axis and win every time" or any other references to "a few riflemen" teaming up, I read it as "Ides and YSD" haha. Caaauuuuuussse....we DO go Axis every time and win 99% of the time. I think the K98 rocks because if I am skilled enough to track a player before he pumps bullets into me (especially counter-sniping or dethroning MGs with a quick shot), then I think I should be rewarded for such because...it really isn't something "just anybody" can do. If you're not a Kalt guy, don't even start in with me, because all of the Kalt regulars know better than to argue this or know what I am talking about how things are when Ides and I are rolling. And no, it's not the same on a map I am not familiar with, because part of the "skill" is seeing (when you're playing on my laptop, it truly is an adapted and honed skill) in a split-second that there is even just one pixel not right, so there is probably a sniper down there hiding around the corner in the shadow.

Simply enough, if you wanna beat a rifleman, don't go at it alone. One on one, a good rifleman will take you. It's such a slow reload time though (it is true that the 'q' trick doesn't save much time. Also, for the record--I do NOT use this trick) that when faced with multiple opponents, the Axis rifleman will lose to competent Allies. Now, you might say that this proves that the K98 needs to be nerfed, but that's not the case. An Allied rifle has a realistic chance of surviving that 2-1, moreso than the German. Also, barring excellent Axis teamwork, a rifleman 2-on-2 is actually at Allied advantage, for the quick firing ability. Not only that, but it is very much possible to one-shot kill with M1 Garands as well. A headshot from medium range with that is no harder than a killshot with a K98 from long range...even for me. haha

One last note. Any true rifleman (as in a person who is used to having to make that click for each bullet and placing the mouse in the exact location each one is going) who has ran around and gotten used to the Allied Bazooka knows that the carbine that comes with it is actually the deadliest rifle in the game. It has a huge clip, fires as fast as you can click, and two shots will kill a man. Seriously--run around with that thing. If your team doesn't disown you for not using the noob tube itself, you will quickly love being able to turn a corner and just throw bullets into everybody you see in half a second.
 
Heck my favorite gun in the game also has one of the highest rates of fire and the largest ammo capacity... so maybe im not the best to comment on the rifleman class. But ive been playing DoD since 1.3 so i will say this:

The k98 and Garand are excellect rivals. One is semi-auto with good damage and accuracy, the other is bolt action but very accurate and powerfull. If you have the skills to kill stuff with either one kudos. I had to look up nerf (stupid World of Warcraft slang) and if anything i still miss the bayonet, so i vote we leave it as it is, now for the mg42 i think it needs to shoot faster with less accuracy and maybe have a flamethrower attachment.
 
Meh. Each gun/class certainly has a balance in DoD:S, and it most definitely matters who is wielding each weapon.

However, the unbalance that you seem to be mentioning most likely occurs from a difference in team skill rather than weapon/class imbalance. I'll be honest with you guys; before eGO, I literally played nothing besides Axis, and almost nothing on Axis besides rifleman. As Blue mentioned, it gave me the most satisfaction of all the weapons that I had mastered.

While I still love the k98 and the Axis rifle class, you'll find my kills a bit more spread out and even between Axis and Allies these days. Honestly (once again), probably not as balanced as it should be. Each person who plays has a favorite weapon or class, and the majority of the time they want to play it. The problem is that many of these players clump together on Axis. This is by no means saying that a good group of allied players cannot win. It happens and is by no means a rarity.

The pubbers/e's/and even admins like to play with friends and people that they know and communicate well with. While we can hardly fault them for that, it is easy to gripe about the game imbalances and call for a nerfing of this and that. That really won't fix the problem and we all know that DoD:S patches/updates are so few and far between this isn't a realistic outcome.

My suggestion would be to find a group of (skilled) people who enjoy playing allies, friend them on Steam, and return the favor to the axis. I'm by no means calling for team stacking or saying that you should constantly get your friends to gang-bang axis. That being said, if you think many of the axis players have not played together, or are not inviting their friends to our servers to play with them on axis; you are most certainly mistaken.

Speaking from a Avalanche point of view (which obviously is one of the most Axis-biased maps in the game) all it takes is a few brave allies to turn the tide. Don't be afraid to use admin chat to ask if someone can switch over to even up the teams (in # or skill). But don't spam or nag, people are still going to play the game to enjoy it and we aren't going to force anyone to play a specific class or a certain side.

The skill imbalance is something that is frequently talked about, and something that is common on nearly all servers. A patch/nerf won't change that, a few good men might.

+10 !! you are 100% right!
 
Yo Spank, if it were only you and Ides that would be one thing, I can handle you two;) Although joining allies once in a while would be appreciated. But then you add in eve, subliminal and a couple others and it is overwhelming.
 
the carbine really is the best gun in the game (IMO). The only reason I don't use it on eGO is you only have like 3 mags. On the realism unit servers you have like 10, and it's that much more lethal.
 
Yo Spank, if it were only you and Ides that would be one thing, I can handle you two;) Although joining allies once in a while would be appreciated. But then you add in eve, subliminal and a couple others and it is overwhelming.

Oh really? You and what army? Not that American one, lol.

the carbine really is the best gun in the game (IMO). The only reason I don't use it on eGO is you only have like 3 mags. On the realism unit servers you have like 10, and it's that much more lethal.

Yup. Thank you. Some people prolly thought I was just trolling with that one. The few times I go Allies, I like to go Bazooka, throw away the bazooka for the first K98 I see, and then run around with my absolute favorite K98/carbine combo.
 
Lol, SPank, yeah some people are awesome with the carbine, do people use mosue wheel? Cause I can never shoot it as fast as others by clicking the mouse.
 
yea um when i shoot kar98 i hit for 90 and that is point blank in the face so yea nerf ha make it more powerful!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top