ba_jail_waterbase_v1 - I'm back!

redstarfish

Thread Junky
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
877
Ya!I'm going to work on it again, since I haven't been for quite awhile. I have questions for ya's.

1. How do I make lasers go on and off with one button?
2. Automates messages - Tell me how.
3. What settings do displacements shouldi use for an island?
 
1) use env_lasers and use the toggle output ( i think ?)

2)Use a logic_auto and a point_servercommand

Input OnMapSpawn
Target (point_servercommand name)
Output Command
Parameter say @ Redstafish fails
Delay - Whenever you want - 55 for 5:11

3) What ?
 
Hmmm like what is the easiest to like sculpt an island with displacemnts, mine comes out too large.
 
I recommend displacements for all your island needs. Note that you can "Tile" multiple displacements to get the resolution (Not-big-ness) you need, just remember to select them all at once to avoid gaps, or press the "sew" button with all of them selected.
 
Well for one, put brushes underneath the dispacements as they leak and oh since the update on cs:s, lasers don't damage you anymore
 
Well I can help you with the lasers.
I usually have groups of lasers, such as one group for a doorway.
If the doorway is 128 units wide, you'll need 3 lasers.
Each laser beam has a env_laser at one end, and a info_target at the other.
It's useful to use a naming system, like LaserRave01 and TargetRave01 etc.
Next to each group of lasers, put a logic_branch entity.
This isn't necessary, but makes everything a lot simpler and easier to change later.
Get to the logic_branch entity's properties and make a few outputs.
Name the logic branch to fit the place, such as RaveLaserController.
Add the output:
On User1 > RaveLaser01 > Toggle
On User1 > RaveLaser 02 > Toggle
And add as many outputs as there are lasers, specifying the name in each one.
Then make a button to control the laser.
The button is usually a prop_dynamic with a nodraw brush surrounding it.
Tie the nodraw brush to the func_button entity.
Make the func_button output as follows:
OnPressed > RaveLaserController > FireUser1
Now you have one button that triggers a branch that controls multiple lasers!
Hope that helps!
 
If you want lasers to kill/hurt players, you have to put a trigger brush over the area where the laser will be, than make the brush a "trigger_hurt". So now whenever people go through the laser they get hurt or die.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top