Need help evening teams

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sumac
  • Start date Start date
maybe we should get auto balancing????
how about when an admin moves his teammate instead of going himself, lol

there is an auto-balance feature in place. If you've noticed, once the teams gets +2 on one side, the next person joining will not be able to join the side with more people. This is the only feature we really need at this time.

This argument has been brought up before and I'll reiterate the same response. Unless teams are drastically (+3 or more) off balance for an extended period of time (more than 30 seconds), there really is no need to ask for the teams to be even as in DoD, there is always people joining and leaving the server and the teams will auto-balance themselves out fairly quickly.

If they do not, feel free to ask a few members to switch sides, either via admin chat or through chat. You'll find, as I have, that many times, people will switch even before you ask.

i have to say i dont agree 100% with most of the comments here. after a round ends a few of the losing team usually leaves thus making the teams unfair, but as soon as people see this all i see is "TEAMS!" coming from pubs, e's, eG's and eGO's alike.... this may sound like a stupid idea to some of you, especially the e's who are looking for attention, but how about we leave the complaining up to the pubs eh? if an e or eG moves over without having to be asked thats when we should take notice, only when one team has 3 more players for more than a few minutes will i actively try to reslove the situation, either by moving to the smaller team myself or if im on the smaller team by saying something like "please try to keep the teams even, thanks"

I agree Bad Brain. When a team loses, many times, people of that side leave the server making the teams unfair. There is no reason to spam "TEAMS!" at this time unless they remain that way for an extended period of time. You can, however, use admin chat to ask a few G's and O's to switch over.

Goomba is right, the points make some people all "ERREHRSNJBFBSF POINTSBEHFBEHFBHE" I understand that you care about them, but hey, if your team is winning odds are you losing 25 points the times you do die and gaining two when you kill people.

If you switch over, guess who gets points AND satisfaction when you blow someones brains out?

Tired argument. In fact, many players play with their stats off now. Ask around, you'll be surprised. However, it is a known fact that stats bring in people into the server. It gives people something to play for, a goal to reach, and it's a little incentive to keep playing.

On the other side of the coin, it always perplexes me when an e/G/O asks people to even out the teams, even though he/she is sitting in the bigger team and could help out by moving him/herself. Lead by example, people.

This is what I see more than often.

Any other questions/comments, you are more than welcome to PM myself or any other member of Leadership.

I'll leave this open for further discussion.
 
if i can i will change teams but if i am the only admin on that team i wont

Tired argument. In fact, many players play with their stats off now. Ask around, you'll be surprised. However, it is a known fact that stats bring in people into the server. It gives people something to play for, a goal to reach, and it's a little incentive to keep playing.
lol most people see RANK in all chat and they say "what is that?"
 
Last edited:
Ok this has gotten way off my point, not a bad thing, just want to see if other admins go the same direction as this, so to make it easy let's throw out an example.

You are on Anzio
Your team is down 3 members
It has been more than 1 minute
A round has not yet ended
You ask in admin chat for someone to move over, but no one does
You then post a message - Please help keep the teams even. Thank you.

After all this, do you take note of members who then comply? And or members who do not? I was thinking of es, but eGs and Os as well.
 
You are on Anzio
Your team is down 3 members
It has been more than 1 minute
A round has not yet ended
You ask in admin chat for someone to move over, but no one does
You then post a message - Please help keep the teams even. Thank you.

After all this, do you take note of members who then comply? And or members who do not? I was thinking of es, but eGs and Os as well.

Yup - and if i am on the losing side and i tab a look at who is playing if there are a few e/g/o on the other side i generally think something fairly unflattering if they still don't shift after a few minutes!! Fair enough to play your life out, but after that...
 
Yup - and if i am on the losing side and i tab a look at who is playing if there are a few e/g/o on the other side i generally think something fairly unflattering if they still don't shift after a few minutes!! Fair enough to play your life out, but after that...

Okay like Sumac said with his example.. Normally our e's / eG's/ eGO's should be the first ones balancing out the uneven team...

With rank comes responsibility..and that includes e's cuz thats a rank.

Now to answer gavin.. I understand that sometimes another admin on one team lets say the team that is unbalanced with players asks members from his team to help even teams..

Now when an eGO asks to even teams, does not mean that he wouldn't go over and move to help the other team... or simply there might be a reason that you guys don't know why that eGO is not switching sides...

Regardless its nice when that eGO switches sides to help even teams to set an example... But you guys need to remember that the highest ranked member in the server is in charge of that server.. So if theres eGO's there in charge.. our e's and eG's should usually be willing to switch.. if they don't than a eGO should.. ( if theres more than 2 eGO's in that server ) We should hopefully have at least one eGO per team.. and if there's only 1 per team than they shouldn't have to change sides... simply for the reason of both sides would have an eGO that can handle situations that might arise.



-Greenlight Terror-
 
The other side of the story is when players on the losing team switches over to the winning team.. making teams unbalanced. I had seen this scenario sometimes too.

For me, i always stick to axis as its where my kar is whether losing or winning. Well, I guess I gotta learn to use garand as well next time if situation calls the need to switch to the losing allies.
 
The other side of the story is when players on the losing team switches over to the winning team.. making teams unbalanced. I had seen this scenario sometimes too.

yeah, hate that!! funniest thing i saw one day was a guy doing that, only problem was that teams must have been quite well matched as each side was winning every second round - he would switch from the losing team to winning and they would lose! He was hopping teams and unbalancing them every time, yet i just couldn't bring myself to say something... :) maybe he was just plain bad luck??
 
Never an issue with me. I ask two or three times to even out the teams, and 90% of the time one will do so.. or I will move over to even.. I do not move over if I'm in a high ranked position on my team, just being honest. Nor do I move anyone over VIA admin commands that are in a high ranked spot on the team.

Rather, if in the unlikely event that no one evens the teams out, I WILL take the person in last place on the larger team (With flag caps and kills) and move them over.
 
On the other side of the coin, it always perplexes me when an e/G/O asks people to even out the teams, even though he/she is sitting in the bigger team and could help out by moving him/herself. Lead by example, people.

I love you for this post.

edits: I'd also like to point out that handly player switch command for the people with the lowest score of the other team ;) (I almost resorted to this yesterday on anzio when the other team had +4 for two rounds)
 
Last edited:
It is pretty funny when all the players on the stacked team moves over...then they start fighting about who goes where...hahaha
 
Guy's plus +/- 2 is just realism enjoy the challenge, when my team is down 2 I play harder I might not score high but I keep the oppossing team busy. Having fun, thats what it's all about.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top