Ventrillo - No sound

Red M00N

Rookie
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
34
Bout' 2 weeks ago, when i moved my pc and re-positioned everything, ventrillo started showing an error message when I would join any server. Don't really know what it said but it was something like "FAILED TO CAPTURE DEVICE/DRIVER", thats all I remeber. Then it magically went away, but I still had no sound despite messing with every possible sound setting in ventrillo and my sound card program's settings and still have nothing. I un-installed and re-installed a bunch of times, with no luck. When I un-installed ans re-installed though, it kept all my user names and servers along with all my setup options which would mean that reinstalling wont fix my problem. Is there any way to remove the saved stuff, or am I doing something wrong? :((((
 
Check to make sure your sound card didn't come loose. If it's an integrated sound card (built into the motherboard) make sure the drivers for it are up to date.

Can you give us the name of your sound card, or tell us what Windows calls it?

To check, go to your "Start" button, then right click on "Computer" and go to "Manage."

Click on "Device Manager" and expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section.

You should now see something resembling this:

devicemanagersound.jpg
 
check and make sure that your speaker and mic plugs didnt come loose from moveing the PC around -- that error means that a device that was once plugged in is nolonger there.
 
check and make sure that your speaker and mic plugs didnt come loose from moving the PC around -- that error means that a device that was once plugged in is no longer there.

Yeah, the problem started occurring when I moved this PC and I moved the audio jacks for my speakers/headphones and Mic from the front input, to the back inputs. The thing is, I almost immediately put them back when the error came up, and restarted ventrillo, with no error showing up, but no sound coming out. I didn't change any sound options so...
 
iiNfamous...
First, It is an on-board card, im too cheap for quality audio even though i have a 7.1 system :D.

As you can see from Device man. Its just called "Realtek High Definition Audio"
I even included the driver properties, don't know why, just in case my drivers can be upgraded and im UN aware of it.
sound.jpg


I also included a picture of the audio software that the on-board card uses to control it and whatnot, with "HD Audio 2nd Output in front panel" being what my speakers are plugged into.
It also shows what I have ventrillo set to use, I use Default direct sound device, which worked before I moved this PC around.

sound2.jpg

Hope this helps any!
 
uninstall ventrilo

check the following file paths for remnant files/folders:
(aka delete any folders named ventrilo)
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data
C:\Program Files

reinstall ventrilo with admin rights.

-Blue
 
Ahh, there we go!! Thanks alot guys, especially you blue stealth.

Although vista doesn't have the same directories as XP does, I found the place where ventrillo had all its saved stuff, a folder called ventrillo in "C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming". Un-installed, deleted it, re-installed, and it worked! I just had to set up some things :DD. I knew there was a folder that stored the custom info., I was just un-sure for vista, i hate vista and don't care to learn it's secrets, where it put the folder.

Thanks again!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top