Admins who go AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe bloe7

I made one post
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
10
Their are times when ADMINS go AFK and sit in spawn, when you need them.

Whether to kick other AFK members or something else.

One admin decided to go AFK, and sat in spawn for about 20-25 minutes. I don't particularly mind if an ADMIN goes afk, but when you choose a class that is restricted to only 1-2 people, than that makes me upset.
This ADMIN was a sniper and he was on the Axis side. I won't say who he is to be private. If someone wants to know, they can pm me. It could be that that person is still learning how to be an ADMIN.

If you are going to be AFK, go into Spec mode.



This was on the 24/7 DOD Avalanche server.
 
Theres some methods of fixing this actually:

1. If there are any other eG or eGO in the server, press u, then type @ Before your message, and it will send it to the current admins in the server.

2. Our Ventrilo. The majority of our admins use it to communicate, and you can ask to have the admin kicked or moved to spec if he/she is afk. Find the details here! http://edgegamers.org/forums/cmps_index.php?pageid=ventrilo


Those are the 2 easiest ways for you to get the sniper back ;)
 
Theres some methods of fixing this actually:

1. If there are any other eG or eGO in the server, press u, then type @ Before your message, and it will send it to the current admins in the server.

2. Our Ventrilo. The majority of our admins use it to communicate, and you can ask to have the admin kicked or moved to spec if he/she is afk. Find the details here! http://edgegamers.org/forums/cmps_index.php?pageid=ventrilo


Those are the 2 easiest ways for you to get the sniper back ;)

Also if there is a problem like that there are admin in ventrilo all the time, jump in and tell us. :thumbup:
 
An admin should know to jump into spec or leave the game if he plans on going AFK for a long period of time..

but. Things DO come up.. Happens to any player. Whether it be a PC malfunction or an emergency in real life, sometimes people cannot announce that they are going afk.

Let's please keep that in mind..


I consider one thing the OP said insulting. Saying an Admin needs to learn how to perform his duties better just for being AFK is ridiculous. Read what I've written earlier in this post to clarify why I say that.
 
Last edited:
This is less about the admin being afk, but more about you wanting to play the class that he had.
 
Joe. Thanks from bringing this up. It is a good reminder for all of us, including me.

Having someone go AFK with a restricted class can cause problems.
As people said earlier If there is no other admins in game. Come into vent and we should be happy to help

Cheers,
Kiwi
 
Coming from the guy who went to desert training and left his computer on for a week in game.


true, but i was seeding colmar which no one liked in the first place, and it was only 178 hours thank you :P. and it was seeding not afk with a restriced class like what this thread is about :)
 
I think we summed it up, if an admin is afk (even with a precious slotted class):

1. Use admin chat (u@) to contact them or other admins
2. Find an admin in vent
3. We will do our best not to go afk

Sure theres more but does that sound good?
 
Hey,
I know it isn't right for an admin to go AFK with a restricted class but as many say, things might of come up and they forgot they were in game or something. There is usually another admin on almost all the time that can deal with the issue, but you have to alert us.
 
erm, admins are allowed to go long afk on a full server??

is that really ok?

Please read the posts above.

No it's not "ok" but things come up. As such all these issues are dealt with on a case by case basis in game by other admins.

If this happens please, (as stated above) check with the admin to see if they are really gone, then contact another admin in game or through vent if the "afk" admin is taking up a slot.

If the admin is in spec and the server is full, please allow for more time as they may be administrating or taking a demo.
 
I am just as guilty as the next admin in going AFK, maybe not for long and not with a restricted weapon, I have players, mainly "e's" get through to me on steams pm and I reply to them, that is polite and it happens anywhere in the map giving the other team easy point's. This must happen to other admin's as well, and I am sorry but I will continue to respect the player who need's to talk to me, so please be patient and remember we are their for all player's who need's to talk.
 
I'm going to close this, because I think it's been answered pretty well...

To sum it all up from these guys:

Being AFK happens...just try especially hard not to do it as a restricted class. I know, you just need to walk away for a minute or two and don't want to lose it. I've been just as guilty of this in the past, but it's really not a big deal.

Just ask another admin for help and see if they can be moved to spec (kicking ONLY if the server is COMPLETELY FULL). Somebody is always available, whether it's over Steam or Ventrilo. No need for a big fuss...things happen, and we'll adapt as necessary to handle the situation like we always do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top