steams ati driver update... dont do it!

ztrain

I made one post
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
8
well, i decided to give it a try, i mean i knew there was a driver update out... so well, why not! well... that was a mistake, after updating, my driver only picked up one graphics card (my 2nd display) and i had to re update through amd's website....

i have 2 ati 4890's... so if you also have the 4890 series card... DONT DO IT!
 
It isn't really intending for advanced users (but they can still use it, if they want), it's more for the intermediate users, who don't really know where to get the correct drivers from.
 
But is it really hard to find out how to find the correct drivers? I mean. I suck at this whole business, and I found it no problem. Just open your CCC and follow the dotted line.
 
You'd be surprised. I tried it cause I knew there was an update, worked no problem. Of course I don't have a real high-end system.
 
Worked perfectly for me. If I can do something for even less effort, then why not.

It might just be something on your end, shouldn't discourage everyone else from using it.
 
The new driver is causing my pc to go through a physical dump process. Restarted over three times, today. I'm afraid my CPU will fry.
 
I tried do update my driver through steam. It scrambled the memory so bad I was getting multiple BSOD's on startup. I reinstalled the driver after downloading from the ATI site and it worked fine.

Not sure if the problem was steam or just a bad driver.

-Blue
 
I tried do update my driver through steam. It scrambled the memory so bad I was getting multiple BSOD's on startup. I reinstalled the driver after downloading from the ATI site and it worked fine.

Not sure if the problem was steam or just a bad driver.

-Blue


Same. I don't need a new driver anyways, I only play CS:S for the moment ^^
 

Latest posts

Back
Top