What to upgrade next?

It should be exciting to see the new AMD cards hit the market soon, but if they don't support 120hz refresh rates, then it's no deal for me.

And I wouldn't need to get DDR3 ram, I already have it.

The SSD's are a great idea. I'll search around and see if it's worth buying right now or waiting a couple months.
 
most people can't tell the difference between a dedicated sound card and the integrated one. Im sure there are plenty of people that can but unless your an audiophile, you most likely wont.

Framerate...dedicated soundcards can boost your framerate. I had on-board, had Win7 64bit driver issues (well documented by Asus) and went with a card. The amount of processing that was going into my buggy on-board sound was surprising. Would your mileage vary?? Might be. Also, big difference in sound quality. Just MO..
 
I think any difference in sound quality would also be dependent upon what kind of speaker/headset you're using. For instance, me buying a dedicated sound card would be idiotic since my $15 headset will still sound like a $15 headset.

To OP, it sounds like buying a PSU now and waiting until Black Friday/new releases would be your safest bet.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top