Audio Calibration in CSS?

microwolf96

Poster
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
230
If anyone knows a way I can set the audio delay in Counter-Strike: Source, please tell me!

I'm using a HP Pavillion dv7-3169wm Anniversary Edition on a 47 inch LG HDTV and a SONY 5.1 Surround Sound system via HDMI.

I want to be able to play the game without any audio delay. It's gotten me killed multiple times when I know I could have survived if the audio delay wasn't there.

Normally, if I don't use the HDMI, there is no delay. The video is perfectly fine, hardly any delay between keystroke to visual response. The audio is my problem, because it's not in sync with the video at all, and takes about half a second longer to respond.

If anyone knows how I can fix this, it would be great. Really want to enjoy the game with the high quality sound and booming bass this surround sound system gives me without a terrible audio delay.
 
If anyone knows a way I can set the audio delay in Counter-Strike: Source, please tell me!

I'm using a HP Pavillion dv7-3169wm Anniversary Edition on a 47 inch LG HDTV and a SONY 5.1 Surround Sound system via HDMI.

I want to be able to play the game without any audio delay. It's gotten me killed multiple times when I know I could have survived if the audio delay wasn't there.

Normally, if I don't use the HDMI, there is no delay. The video is perfectly fine, hardly any delay between keystroke to visual response. The audio is my problem, because it's not in sync with the video at all, and takes about half a second longer to respond.

If anyone knows how I can fix this, it would be great. Really want to enjoy the game with the high quality sound and booming bass this surround sound system gives me without a terrible audio delay.

Up to date GPU drivers?
Good quality HDMI cable, that is at at least version 1.3?
 
Up to date GPU drivers?
Good quality HDMI cable, that is at at least version 1.3?

ATi Radeon Mobility HD 4650 @ Driver version 10.9 - so, yeah, I have up to date GPU drivers.

The HDMI Cable I use is designed for an Xbox 360, so technically it's made for gaming.

If I watch both the laptop screen and the TV, they seem perfectly in sync.

The only thing out of sync is the audio, and it's only when the surround sound system is being used for sound instead of the laptop speakers or a headset being connected directly to the laptop.

It only does this in counter-strike, though. I was playing Need for Speed: Underground 2 and nothing was out of sync. I haven't tried any other games, though, since this technically isn't my laptop (it's my mom's) but I might be getting it for myself soon.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top