Stuxnet

ronpaul

EGO Zealot
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
1,840
Well, I'm not seeing a lot of chatter here about the Stuxnet malware suite that's crippling Iran (allegedly), but the anatomy of the thing was released in a 41 page PDF document from Symantec. This virus is an extremely sophisticated production which exploits removable media and print spooling vulnerabilities to spread, LNK file vulnerabilities, and two privilege escalation vulnerabilities (zero-day and undisclosed) in nearly every Windows operating system. It targets industrial equipment software from Siemens (think of a rootkit for hardware PLCs) and there is speculation it was what brought down that Indian satellite a short while ago.

Any other security pros here like to talk about this thing? It's probably the most advanced piece of malware ever created.

Here's the PDF: http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/media/security_response/whitepapers/w32_stuxnet_dossier.pdf
 
Indeed it is. Had a meeting at work about this. (try explaining this to people who constantly ask me how to turn a computer on or why "that light" is blinking and you will know my hell) :P But I love the politics behind this and the supposed secret word that tells its origin. I wonder if they did do it.........hmmmmmmmm..........
 

Latest posts

Back
Top