Halo: Reach and a pile of lag-anticks I would have to dub "see-to-believe"

Cupcake

Active Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
385
While I'm not sure exactly how many people would be fluent in problems with an Xbox 360, I'm left to not too many alternatives to post my problems considering Bungie.net is a horrible mash of garbage trying to contain thousands of any-time-of-the-day users in one twenty-posts-per-page forum.

I'm at my college 5/7 days a week. The internet is not so phenomenal that I'm up in arms to shout "I DON'T DESERVE THIS!" and storm off into a hissy fit. I know it's not the best - most games have a ~.5-1 second hiccup every now and then. In fact:



But Reach piles an ungodly horde of the stupidest things I've ever seen ever. When I join a matchmaking game, I'm subject to:

1) Everyone running into walls (as in, the network not responding at all) for upwards of 45 seconds before it suddenly jolts and the connection flows fine until it decides to fizzle again.

2) Dieing and sitting at the respawn screen with it ticking down to "respawn in: 0" and sitting there for thirty (or more) seconds. The game continues on fine, lag-free, while I sit there and wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And get to watch the game continue unabated while I simply sit there unable to do anything.

3) When number 2 happens, sometimes it just takes me to a black screen. I can pause the game and see the menu come up, and press start to lower it to once more stare at a black screen. I can hear the game continuing, and for games with shorter rounds (like Infection) I'll even hear when rounds end. And I have to keep sitting there.


The reason I'm calling Reach out on this is that it's the ONLY game where anything close to this ever happens. I popped in Bad Company 2, absolutely no problems. Modern Warfare 2, absolutely no problems. My XBL party chat also goes unhindered.

The only thing I can think of that would come anywhere near close to causing all this would be serious conflicts with ports. It just seems that for extended periods of time, the server just "forgets" to communicate with my 360 for certain information but the rest of it flows fine.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top