Anyone else haveing this issue

AudieMurphy

Rookie
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
77
Ok I will get on a map on dod and be playing for maybe 10 15 minutes and then all of a sudden I get frozen witht he connection warning. I will be frozen for a a few seconds long enough for me to be killed and have to respawn. It seems to do it about every 15 minuts or so. It just gets so annoying when im in the mid of either attacking or being attacked and all of a sudden I have to wait to be respawned because of this.
 
I had a similar problem a long time ago. It turned out being be my router's fault. The router had a bad implementation of the WEP security algorithm and would drop me periodically just for a second. It caused exactly what you described.
My solution was to get a newer router that supported wpa2 security.
 
I had a similar problem a long time ago. It turned out being be my router's fault. The router had a bad implementation of the WEP security algorithm and would drop me periodically just for a second. It caused exactly what you described.
My solution was to get a newer router that supported wpa2 security.
I thought it might have been my router but im not the only one having the same issure seems there is quite a few having the same issure. Some belive it may be a server issure.
 
I've been getting that too, all of a sudden, but its happened on servers I deliberately selected for the lower ping to see if its still happening and it is. I've noticed a couple of Steam updates lately...

EDIT: Here are the results of a connection test I just did. After that post I went directly into a server with a latency in the low 30s and it kept spiking over 100ms, freezing and giving me the red connection error text in the top right corner. The results:



I shouldn't be having in game performance like that.
 
Last edited:
I've been getting that too, all of a sudden, but its happened on servers I deliberately selected for the lower ping to see if its still happening and it is. I've noticed a couple of Steam updates lately...

EDIT: Here are the results of a connection test I just did. After that post I went directly into a server with a latency in the low 30s and it kept spiking over 100ms, freezing and giving me the red connection error text in the top right corner. The results:



I shouldn't be having in game performance like that.
So its something to do with the servers then. It was probably a update or something. I know on some servers I can;t even get out of spawn from the connection issue. so who knows
 


^ - That's while on a wireless connection that was about 50 ft. away from where I'm using this comp. >.> Pffff. On a wired connection I average 20-40mb/s dl + 5-10mb/s ul. *Still has jealousy about other people's connection speeds.... 200MB/S DL OMG*

Excuse my random babbling above this line of text. >.< Just felt like posting a pic so I used a brand new speedtest pic. ;3

I've had this happen a few times in other servers. Will get the unable to connect message and everything freezes up, retry connection and everyone's gone and it starts filling in.

Think it's just server-side for the non-eGO servers I play on once in a while. However, try running a speedtest yourself right after you have this problem pop up, as well as while your connection is stable. Make sure nothing other than your speedtest page is open to avoid inaccurate results.

Is the one right after the period of time you lag out for a lot slower on the speedtest than the stable connection speedtest?

Post the pics so we can see too, btw. (Click the Copy Forum Image button or w/e and paste it in a post here.
 


^ - That's while on a wireless connection that was about 50 ft. away from where I'm using this comp. >.> Pffff. On a wired connection I average 20-40mb/s dl + 5-10mb/s ul. *Still has jealousy about other people's connection speeds.... 200MB/S DL OMG*

Excuse my random babbling above this line of text. >.< Just felt like posting a pic so I used a brand new speedtest pic. ;3

I've had this happen a few times in other servers. Will get the unable to connect message and everything freezes up, retry connection and everyone's gone and it starts filling in.

Think it's just server-side for the non-eGO servers I play on once in a while. However, try running a speedtest yourself right after you have this problem pop up, as well as while your connection is stable. Make sure nothing other than your speedtest page is open to avoid inaccurate results.

Is the one right after the period of time you lag out for a lot slower on the speedtest than the stable connection speedtest?

Post the pics so we can see too, btw. (Click the Copy Forum Image button or w/e and paste it in a post here.
my problem is it only happens for a second during the game and Im back playing in a matter of seconds. It just gets frustrating when It happens right when I am about to kill someone or grab or block a flag or something then A second later its back to normal I have either been killed and respawned or The person i was going after is long gone. It happens on every server. I am going to hard wire it when I get a chance to see if it make it better but that will be a while since I just got this computer and don;t have a install disk for my isp provider and they have to mail me one
 

Latest posts

Back
Top