Ventrilo Tech problems

Meowcenaries

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
4,595
Over the past few weeks, i have not had a problem with ventrilo. I would get on when I get home from school, yesterday, i got a Win32.generic trojan horse virus and it I guess came from Ventrilo. I cannot open it right now, as it is missing the icon file or open file. Please Help ASAP.

Windows XP Computer
Recent downloads:
Assault Cube = Search google for it
Game booster = Search google for it
Recent changes on the computer:
I've taken the new excess windows down, for the older look.

- Meowcenaries
 
Err.
I'm pretty sure you got your virus from what's called a "drive-by" download.

Do you not have an anti-virus scanner that'll fix this problem for you?
 
I got rid of the virus, yes, Rising Antivirus. I don't know how to open ventrilo. It's like a window Icon now, instead of the face with the headset.
 
So..
Uninstall Ventrilo, delete the Ventrilo folder from "Program Files" and reinstall Ventrilo.
Or does that not work?
 
I have tried that, comes up the same and down by the thing it says.. "Cleaned: Win32, Generic Virus" then I can't get on it.
 
Sounds to me like you have a case of "Rogue Antivirus". You may want to disable your antivirus before installing Ventrilo. When you reenable your antivirus, be sure to allow/ignore whatever shows as a virus relating to the Ventrilo folder/directories/install.

Side note: Give Avast Antivirus a shot... http://www.avast.com
 

Latest posts

Back
Top