space miscalculation?

Storan

Rookie
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
31
I'm trying to put a 6.24 GB iso onto a USB Drive that has at least 7.5GB space free, but says there isn't enough space... wtf? I've tried reformatting the USB Drive.
 
What's the USB formatted as? What's it actual total capacity? What tool are you using to write the ISO?
 
Most USB drivers are formatted in FAT. Means you can only have 2GB of one item at a time.
So you can't put 6.24GB file on it.
You can use a program to put the file in parts.
Or compress it.
  • Winrar
  • 7-Zip(I think)
 
The USB is FAT32. I'm not writing an ISO to it, just copying so my friend can copy it to his computer. I don't know how to break it up in parts and I'm confused with Death's response.
 
The USB is FAT32. I'm not writing an ISO to it, just copying so my friend can copy it to his computer. I don't know how to break it up in parts and I'm confused with Death's response.

This video shows how to do it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0eH9hJJMhg&feature=related[/ame]

It requires WinRar.
When your done
Just get your friend to Extract just one of them.
Say
You have
part1
part2
part3
part4
part5

He can just right click on any of them and click Extract Here.
And it'll automatically extract all of them into the one file that was originally the file (If that makes any sense)
 
Why not just back up any content it has and reformat it to NTFS with a cluster size of 4096 (the default cluster size)? It should except that iso after that.

Do they have internet? Maybe you can just make a torrent for them, or FTP it to them.
 
This video shows how to do it.


You Tube



It requires WinRar.
When your done
Just get your friend to Extract just one of them.
Say
You have
part1
part2
part3
part4
part5

He can just right click on any of them and click Extract Here.
And it'll automatically extract all of them into the one file that was originally the file (If that makes any sense)

kk, ill try that

Why not just back up any content it has and reformat it to NTFS with a cluster size of 4096 (the default cluster size)? It should except that iso after that.

Do they have internet? Maybe you can just make a torrent for them, or FTP it to them.

He does have internet but its like Dial-Up or something (he lives in the country) so I'm doing this to be nice... oh, and the USB isn't my'n, its my friends so I really shouldn't going about changing the format from what it was before
 
Why not just back up any content it has and reformat it to NTFS with a cluster size of 4096 (the default cluster size)? It should except that iso after that.

Do they have internet? Maybe you can just make a torrent for them, or FTP it to them.

xD thanks for stating the easiest solution :#



Issue resolved.
 
kk, ill try that



He does have internet but its like Dial-Up or something (he lives in the country) so I'm doing this to be nice... oh, and the USB isn't my'n, its my friends so I really shouldn't going about changing the format from what it was before

I know this is resolved, but I just felt I needed to say something about what I put in bold in the quote.

As long as you save the data that was already on it, it's fine. It doesn't effect the drive negatively. FAT32 is better for storing small files, hence the reason it's the default format on a USB Flash/Thumb drive. Reformatting it to NTSC won't hurt it, but it would rather improve it. It holds larger files, and improves it's performance on Windows machines.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top