Oddest Freezes I've Ever Had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zynro

I made one post
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
26
I have a excruciatingly annoying problem.
I get these blasted annoying random freezes. Everything that's already running works in terms of audio, but becomes nonresponsive when I get them. If I'm talking to someone on Skype, I can continue to do so but the applicaiton is frozen and so is the rest of my computer. I can try to launch new stuff, but it won't launch until after the freeze is over. This goes for doing just about anything else as well.

I get no error messages ever whatsoever.

I got this only after buying a new GPU, however, a Nvidia GT 240. (I still have the old card just in case stowed away somewhere.) When reisntalling the drivers, I used Driver Sweeper to remove my old ATI drivers and install the Nvidia ones. Everything is fine but I still have a display driver/folder that simply wont be sweeped. Thought it was worth mentioning this.

I'm running XP SP3, Raid Mirror for my 2 HD's, AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core Process (Black Edition), 2 GB RAM, and a Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard, and my Nvidia GT 240 GPU.

So far I've tried Defragging and Fixing/Cleaning my Registery (I have full Backups) - seemed to make the issue occur less often, until recently, so then I tried clean-installing up-do-date Graphics Drivers since the freezes have been coming up too often. This seems to make it even more rare now, but they last a lot longer. I also checked if it's a heat problem. It doesn't seem to be, unless my Processor shouldn't be idling (at most running Chrome) at 40~50C.

Someone on another forum said that my Power Supply might be the issue as it could be sending "Dirty Power" or something along those lines. I said 'kay and bought a new PSU with the same wattage. Still freezing.

In conclusion, Help please.
 
If no updates, will close thread and assume problem has been solved.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top