Using ATI Crossfire in Win 7 x64

unicoder

I made one post
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
19
Ok so my new motherboard has an onboard ati gpu, and the manual says that I can use crossfire with it and my ATI HD5770. It says to just put my card in, and hook my display cable to the onboard graphics port. Run Catalyst and check "Enable Crossfire"

But my Catalyst doesnt show a Crossfire tab, and the help file says "Windows 7 users will not see this option".

So how do I go about enabling Crossfire if the Catalyst program doesn't offer the option??

Thanks a ton!
 
You cannot do hybrid crossfire with a 5770. For hybrid crossfire you need to use:

3450 paired with 3XXX IGP

4350 paired with 4200 IGP (i think)

or 5450 paired with 4250/4290 IGP
 
You cannot do hybrid crossfire with a 5770. For hybrid crossfire you need to use:

3450 paired with 3XXX IGP

4350 paired with 4200 IGP (i think)

or 5450 paired with 4250/4290 IGP

Are you sure bro? I have a ECS black series motherboard and any ati card works with it. There was not a certain card i had to use to get the crossfire to work. it just works on auto with the onboard graphics chip.
 
Ati cards will run just fine, but using Hybrid Crossfire will only work with the combinations I listed.
 
Yeah, reflex is right. My card has to double up with another 5770 if i want to use xfire. Appreciate it
 

Latest posts

Back
Top