Resolution?

Sekira Ubica

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1,582
Ok, so i know this might have been asked before, but I'm not about to look down a list of thousands upon thousands of threads, so pardon me if i didn't see it posted before.

Anyways, just today i got a replacement computer for the one that just keeled over. I am used to the windows xp professional operating system, but this one has windows 7 on it, I'm not used to it yet. Overall i love it, but there is one problem that most will overlook, but since i spend about 50 hours a week on my computer, i get a little ocd about it... Everything must be perfect and this is not...

So, without further ado, i will skip to the problem i have been ranting about :3. Ok, so here is the thing, my resolution is just a little off. Not a lot, but it is noticeable. Actually its only a few pixels off on the top and the left side of the screen. I came here to ask this question to you, Is it possible to manually change my screen resolution so i don't have to be so annoyed about how my screen is being clipped off at the top and left sides of the screen?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks for the time and may your Christmastimes be merry.

Stray cat of the eGO,
Seki~
 
Aren't there buttons on your monitor that let you adjust the picture? If not, CCC (if its an ati card; nvidia has their own version i believe) should allow you to adjust your image if I recall correctly.

edit: ccc = catalyst control center; I'd check on this for ya but my ati rig is currently waiting for replacement parts :(.
 
Aren't there buttons on your monitor that let you adjust the picture? If not, CCC (if its an ati card; nvidia has their own version i believe) should allow you to adjust your image if I recall correctly.

edit: ccc = catalyst control center; I'd check on this for ya but my ati rig is currently waiting for replacement parts :(.

What he said, its probably a problem with the monitor, and not the computer itself. If it isn't the monitor to enter the menu, or CCC, you usually can just right click on the desktop and click "Nvidia Control Panel" or something similar, if not if you go into advanced properties on the display settings (or personalization settings) (where the resolution settings are) you will usually see a button with a Nvidia, or AMD logo, or maybe it will say advanced, and you can change the placement of the screen. I wish I could remember what exactly the setting is however I rarely use windows...


-Oprah
 
Yeah, usually the cropping part can be fixed in the monitor settings themselves. Theres usually a setting to line up the screen.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top