need opinions on this build

I think it's a terrible idea, unless you're into spending ~$30 a week for a year on a $500 pc. Save the same money for 3 months and you'll be able to afford a nice package from Newegg, one where you can actually get a video card capable of running some games.

I could go on an all day rant about the predatory practices of rent to own businesses like Aaron's, but I don't have the time. My gut says you've already made up your mind. I hope for your own sake you haven't.
 
oh I know all about the rent to own horrors, i've dealt with them before. The thing is it's not just for gaming. I have a 16 yr old niece who has to go to school online due to epilepsy, and I also am a dispatcher for our small trucking business. It's been quite awhile since I've built one myself, the last one lasted for 4 years before it finally died a slow painful death. I just need an opinion on the build their offering.
 
Well, what is this computer for? Is it for your gaming or for your niece's schoolwork? And if it's for gaming, what games do you play?

Anyways, for the link you posted; it confuses me. I don't know how you get 5GB of RAM into a computer, and it only says "ATI Radeon HD Video Graphics Card" That could be any number of things from a 2350 to a 5970 (although highly unlikely). If I were you, I'd try to get more information about what you are actually paying for before you start paying rental prices on it.

And I have to second the vote against renting. I know you say you've dealt with them before and know about horror stories, but what I'm concerned about is price:performance ratio. Dealing with interest is always worse than paying full price up front. Depending on how long they can make this stretch out you could pay more than twice what the PC is worth. If you need the PC now, then it may be your only option and then I understand. But if at all possible, I would wait if only to pay what it's worth.
 
oh trust me if I had another option I would take it. As for games I play Eve Online, INS, and Dawn of war I and II. I never have just my own PC, it's always a general use for everyone. My goal is hopefully to rent it short term to repair my pc with the corrupted windows xp as I can't find a replacement CD Without paying for a brand new OEM Disc as mine has apparently run out of useful times the key can be used
 
Last edited:
Okay, well nothing you're running is really that resource-intensive. The build should work, but again I'd try and find out exactly what GPU is in there just to make sure. They might have stuck in a 5 year old card and just said it's "ATI Radeon" hoping to snag someone who doesn't know anything. And I'd like to know how they got 5GB of RAM. You can't divide that into 2, 3, or 4 sticks and there's no such thing as a 5GB stick. Might just be a typo though.
 
I am very strongly against this idea. I'm for the idea that you build something on Newegg and choose the Bill Me Later idea. If your credit is approved (probably will be) then you can either make payments on it for 6 months, or you can not have any payments for 6 months but have to pay it fully by the end of that 6 months.

There isn't enough info about that computer for me to make an opinion. : /

Okay, well nothing you're running is really that resource-intensive. The build should work, but again I'd try and find out exactly what GPU is in there just to make sure. They might have stuck in a 5 year old card and just said it's "ATI Radeon" hoping to snag someone who doesn't know anything. And I'd like to know how they got 5GB of RAM. You can't divide that into 2, 3, or 4 sticks and there's no such thing as a 5GB stick. Might just be a typo though.

5GB memory = 2x2GB + 1GB. Dell does odd things like this. lol.
 
I am very strongly against this idea. I'm for the idea that you build something on Newegg and choose the Bill Me Later idea. If your credit is approved (probably will be) then you can either make payments on it for 6 months, or you can not have any payments for 6 months but have to pay it fully by the end of that 6 months.

There isn't enough info about that computer for me to make an opinion. : /

5GB memory = 2x2GB + 1GB. Dell does odd things like this. lol.

They do that?

Yeah, there isn't a lot of information but I'm assuming everything will be stock if it's not specifically mentioned. That graphics card could be integrated for all I know.

Does that even work? I thought you couldn't mix and match RAM sticks.
 
They do that?

Yeah, there isn't a lot of information but I'm assuming everything will be stock if it's not specifically mentioned. That graphics card could be integrated for all I know.

Does that even work? I thought you couldn't mix and match RAM sticks.

Oh you can. I lol so hard when I see i7 builds with 8GB from Dell.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top