Home for Christmas / Away from DOD

Superglue

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
1,428
Well, a similar situation as when I was home earlier in the year, I am going home for break, have lots of school work to do, and will not have a PC at home capable of running DOD, I will download steam on it, and be active on the forums, but no gaming for me, sigh...

My Exam is on the 21st at 2:00pm EST, so wish me luck, then catching a bus home so I can read and work for my thesis due January 10th, good ol' 75 pg essay!
 
Well. good luck. see ya when we see ya.

Also while a thread has been made. I am leaving for Nevada tomorrow to see my sister and get some altitude training. As a result I will not be active ass\ much, if at all. I will be taking my trusty laptop so I might be able to play, who knows

p.s. Sorry Super for hijacking your thread. Just didn't want to make another thread.

Cheers,
Kiwi
 
Both of you have a good holiday. Do your school work Superglue and Kiwi get your altitude training. Be safe guys.
 
Thx for the kind words of wisdom regarding my school work Boyle! haha, and Kiwi, I will never forgive you for stealing my thread, I am meh about it, but from this day on there is a blood feud between us!

Merry Christmas!
 
Out of curiosity, what is your thesis on?

Also, Merry Christmas to you too!
 
Out of curiosity, what is your thesis on?

Also, Merry Christmas to you too!

The number of times I have been asked that haha!

Ok... to sum it up about as quickly as possible


"When considering medieval figures, it is important to differentiate fact and fiction. Yet both can be a product of the time and a useful guide to cultural values. As Matt Gabriele and Jace Stuckey have shown with Charlemagne, individuals can have an outsize impact on the historic cultures they confronted.
This research essay examines the influence of Vikings or Norsemen, more specifically of Ivar the Boneless, Norse king of Ireland and England, over the development of those cultures as well as contemporary perception of the effects of Ivar?s rapid conquests. Ivar invaded Ireland in 853, as documented in the Annals of Ulster and by 864 would be recognized as King of Ireland; his departure from Ireland later that year coincides with his appearance in England and the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles attests to his rise to kingship in England before his death in 873. This essay will establish the events of his conquests as a means of outlining Ivar?s and the broader Norse effect upon the respective cultures of Ireland and England. The spread of Norse culture throughout Ireland and England also affected language, feudal lordship and laws such as the ?Danelaw?."

That is a direct and short (yeah I know its long but short in context) quote from my 'proposal.' Under no circumstances should this material be reused without my permission, I would rather not get expelled and put on academic probation!
 
Good luck to both of you guys, I'm sure you will ace your exams and your altitude training Kiwi...

P.S. I'm going to miss your accent Kiwi, mine will be better for the time your back :D
 
Good luck Superglue, maybe this time working on your thesis will keep you from watching that terrible Chelsea team you like....lol

Kiwi, don't fall down a mountain. Have fun!
 
enjoy christmas fellas...shame that i wont be getting a chance to kill yall for a while...but ill be waiting when yall both get back :P...kiwi...sounds like a fun trip actually...superglue..sorry i cant say the same about yours...ill be spending mine figuring out whats wrong with my car and fixing it...so im right in between the two of you on the fun scale..
 
ouch!

The number of times I have been asked that haha!

Ok... to sum it up about as quickly as possible


"When considering medieval figures, it is important to differentiate fact and fiction. Yet both can be a product of the time and a useful guide to cultural values. As Matt Gabriele and Jace Stuckey have shown with Charlemagne, individuals can have an outsize impact on the historic cultures they confronted.
This research essay examines the influence of Vikings or Norsemen, more specifically of Ivar the Boneless, Norse king of Ireland and England, over the development of those cultures as well as contemporary perception of the effects of Ivar?s rapid conquests. Ivar invaded Ireland in 853, as documented in the Annals of Ulster and by 864 would be recognized as King of Ireland; his departure from Ireland later that year coincides with his appearance in England and the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles attests to his rise to kingship in England before his death in 873. This essay will establish the events of his conquests as a means of outlining Ivar?s and the broader Norse effect upon the respective cultures of Ireland and England. The spread of Norse culture throughout Ireland and England also affected language, feudal lordship and laws such as the ?Danelaw?."

That is a direct and short (yeah I know its long but short in context) quote from my 'proposal.' Under no circumstances should this material be reused without my permission, I would rather not get expelled and put on academic probation!

That makes my brain hurt... :laugh:
 
The number of times I have been asked that haha!

Ok... to sum it up about as quickly as possible


"When considering medieval figures, it is important to differentiate fact and fiction. Yet both can be a product of the time and a useful guide to cultural values. As Matt Gabriele and Jace Stuckey have shown with Charlemagne, individuals can have an outsize impact on the historic cultures they confronted.
This research essay examines the influence of Vikings or Norsemen, more specifically of Ivar the Boneless, Norse king of Ireland and England, over the development of those cultures as well as contemporary perception of the effects of Ivar?s rapid conquests. Ivar invaded Ireland in 853, as documented in the Annals of Ulster and by 864 would be recognized as King of Ireland; his departure from Ireland later that year coincides with his appearance in England and the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles attests to his rise to kingship in England before his death in 873. This essay will establish the events of his conquests as a means of outlining Ivar?s and the broader Norse effect upon the respective cultures of Ireland and England. The spread of Norse culture throughout Ireland and England also affected language, feudal lordship and laws such as the ?Danelaw?."

That is a direct and short (yeah I know its long but short in context) quote from my 'proposal.' Under no circumstances should this material be reused without my permission, I would rather not get expelled and put on academic probation!

BTW, So Frickin Epic.
 
Back
Top