Guess what came in the mail today? :D

I want effects Phobus....like...when you open it...i want to see a double rainbow....and i want it to sparkle...LIKE A VAMPIRE!!!
 
I have a question about the OS itself. I haven't really been following the buzz on it and I'd like to know, how simple is it?

To explain, I would like to get my mother in law(MIL from here on out) a computer at some point. Something with a built in wireless over cell network so she doesn't have to worry about a home network, cable, dsl, or anything else. My understanding is that early Chrome OS implementation will be on just such hardware. My MIL is just about the most computer illiterate person I've ever know. All I want is for a simple interface that allows access to the full web(as opposed to those stupid email only devices) with as little thought as possible. Open it up, single click and you're at baby pics, next click is my wife's blog, next click is mine, then email, newspapers and so on. Essentially I want it totally dummy proof. Is this going to be the OS for the MIL?

I should add, we've put the MIL in front of both W7 and OSX already on a trial basis and neither went well enough for my liking.
 
If it's for his computer illiterate mother in law I doubt she will know the difference.
 
If it's for his computer illiterate mother in law I doubt she will know the difference.

full web please, I'd like it to work for me also when I'm visiting her on the other side of the country. Not to mention that I'm completely done shifting money in Steve Jobs pocket, so there's that too.
 
Yeah. ChromeOS seems perfect for your MIL. (lol)
iPads are far too restrictive, and they're horribly overpriced.
 

But no flash. lol.
The battery life is pretty boss so far. It's lasted pretty much all day. I woke up around 9:30am, and it's been on ever since. It's now 12:17am and the battery is at 24%. I am impressed, Google.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top