Insurgency Issue

kYuKi

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,354
I'm getting pissed because nothing like this has happened before and nothing really has changed to cause this problem. Every time I start up Insurgency, I get to the "Find Server" link and it hangs up and it won't go any further. I have to end Steam and Hl2.exe through the Task Manager, which is very frustrating. I've verified the cache, game files, etc. Reinstalled it and it still does the same thing.

Earlier this week I had problems with many source games because they would crash after the "loading steam game, etc." and would say Hl2.exe has had a error. So I'm posting this if reinstalling Source SDK doesn't fix it and so that something can be shown that could solve this problem with future members or so. Maybe you guys could give me an idea if this doesn't work.
 
Did you start HL2 once first? INS crashes with some sort of HL2 error if you don't, since running HL2 makes the caches it needs apparently.
 
I believe I did, but not entirely sure. But Insurgency doesn't crash with an error, it just goes on endlessly in a loop on the "clicking" sound in the main menu.

Other source games are working fine now though.
 
Seems like it never deleted anything in the folder after "deleting content." So I removed everything except for maps in the folder and I'm reinstalling it now. If this doesn't work I'm going to delete all Hl2, SDK's, upgrade my graphics card and sound card to see if it works.


* Fixed
Deleted all Insurgency files, keep the folders like maps etc.
Ran Malawarebye, Windows Defender, SuperAntiSpyware, and CA Security Center and removed all infected files. (Had 30 infected)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top