You know you wish you were me...

Sad just seeing a motherboard and no processor...and you would have to live with stock cooling until companies come out with 1155 coolers..

I still want my X58A-UD7!
 
Sad just seeing a motherboard and no processor...and you would have to live with stock cooling until companies come out with 1155 coolers..

I still want my X58A-UD7!

Don't you have anything positive to say, or are you going to continually post negative comments in this thread? It's not very eGO like.

I'm excited about SB, and I'm looking forward to seeing some results from that motherboard and processor. It's going to be nice. :)
 
Last edited:
Sad just seeing a motherboard and no processor...and you would have to live with stock cooling until companies come out with 1155 coolers..

I still want my X58A-UD7!

1156 and 1155 mounts are the same bro

We shall have dice on this puppy (I hope)

or my lame CMV6GT.
 
Sad just seeing a motherboard and no processor...and you would have to live with stock cooling until companies come out with 1155 coolers..

I still want my X58A-UD7!

Don't you have anything positive to say, or are you going to continually post negative comments in this thread? It's not very eGO like.

This.
And btw, 1156 and 1155 use the same mounting screws. Any 1156 cooler just so happens to be a 1155 cooler. It's liek magik or sumting. :cool:
 
Don't you have anything positive to say, or are you going to continually post negative comments in this thread? It's not very eGO like.

I'm excited about SB, and I'm looking forward to seeing some results from that motherboard and processor. It's going to be nice. :)

Wasn't trying to come off as rude, sorry.

SB has bigger implications for notebooks, i7s with powerful IGP (2-4 times more powerful than current H57 GPU), 1600 DDR3 RAM support. And 20-60% faster than current generation notebooks for the same price points.

Didn't realize it was just a drop in upgrade. I noticed 1156 is very similar to LGA775..
 
o wait this is a sandy bridge mobo........theyre selling them already???

anyways, sandy bridge is cool and all, but they seem to be better geared in the laptop section with their integrated GPU's that perform better than the cheap dedicated ones.

They also completely changed overclocking sandy bridge lol again....
 
o wait this is a sandy bridge mobo........theyre selling them already???

anyways, sandy bridge is cool and all, but they seem to be better geared in the laptop section with their integrated GPU's that perform better than the cheap dedicated ones.

They also completely changed overclocking sandy bridge lol again....

This is the first major change in a LONG time.

All they really did was take out the BLK part and replace it with multi spamming.

They aren't released, you just gotta know where to look ;)
 
o wait this is a sandy bridge mobo........theyre selling them already???

anyways, sandy bridge is cool and all, but they seem to be better geared in the laptop section with their integrated GPU's that perform better than the cheap dedicated ones.

They also completely changed overclocking sandy bridge lol again....

Benchmarks have been out for awhile. SB IGP is like 5450 Mobility in low resolution gaming (1024x600 resolution). But as soon as you crank up the resolution IGP chokes which is nothing surprising. Still good for business professionals who need i7 on a mobile platform but do not need discreet graphics, SB will offer faster speeds, less heat, better battery life and same price points as today's laptops.
 
Wasn't trying to come off as rude, sorry.

SB has bigger implications for notebooks, i7s with powerful IGP (2-4 times more powerful than current H57 GPU), 1600 DDR3 RAM support. And 20-60% faster than current generation notebooks for the same price points.

Didn't realize it was just a drop in upgrade. I noticed 1156 is very similar to LGA775..

No, you need a new mobo to run a 1155 processor. I wish I could just drop a 2500k into my rig. I'd be so happy! :biggrin:
 
I have 2 people that can get me a 1155 processor.

both are from canada though.

The one guy wants $380 for a 2600K which is about right.

$320 MSRP+$13ish canadaian tax

He said he can check to see if he can get me a 2500k which is what i really want
 
I still have my 920 doing bigadv 24/7 tyvm

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=503646

and the 2500k could easily run bigadv in a VM.

Don't you want to hvae BOTH running bigadv? :biggrin:

That's what I would do. :P

But I stick to processors with at least 8 threads. Even though they want 8 real cores, at least you don't need to do a work around to get it to run if there are 8 threads.

I'm pretty excited about Sandy Bridge, however, I will not be using it in a desktop. I will be getting it in a laptop soon though. Probably the 2820QM.
 
Last edited:
Don't you want to hvae BOTH running bigadv? :biggrin:

That's what I would do. :P

But I stick to processors with at least 8 threads. Even though they want 8 real cores, at least you don't need to do a work around to get it to run if there are 8 threads.

I'm pretty excited about Sandy Bridge, however, I will not be using it in a desktop. I will be getting it in a laptop soon though. Probably the 2820QM.

sadly, I don't pay the electric bill, and I already get enough crap for having 1 rig running.
 
well, bad news. My "dealer" couldn't get any unlocked chips.

So i am going to have to wait for thursday when newegg will have them. :(
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top