Should I finally buy it once and for all?

PewPewBangBang

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,923
Ahhhh sorry to keep annoying you guys with these threads I make on if I should upgrade my gpu's.

But anyways......2xgtx 460 1gb cyclones for $300 should I jump on it once and for all? I came into christmas money thats why haha

2/3 of me says yes and this lone 1/3 of me says no save your money lol
 
Yup local deal $300 for both with the sli.bridge. I have tri-fire 4850s....i asked on another forum and everyone said to upgrade so I most likely will

Then overclock them to 900mhz with voltage
 
It will be an upgrade.

That is a pretty decent deal.

My friend just got a new Cyclone 1G for like $170
 
If you play games 1080p or higher then yes. 460's run cooler and better than 4850's.
 
Only 1680x1050 but I like overkill and running games over 70fps max settings.

some people say wait for gtx 560 but they will probably be expensive around $200 so these for $300 are good and overclocked they are better than 470s and very close to 480s
 
Yea I've seen them before. I'd rather not deal with the rebate since half the time they don't go through or take too long.

I think the msi cyclones I'm getting are better also plus the guys gonna travel to me

Btw I asked about the 465s because newegg sells them for $280 galaxy versions with their funky cooler that you can lift the fan up
 
Well GTX 465 you can unlock to GTX 470 but you can get GTX 470 for 250 after MIR these days.
 
No brainer. Go for it. I had complained about the HAWK in a recent post, just wanted to update ... after some tweaking and such , got her core running at 925, not bad at all. It is pretty damn loud though, didnt expect it as im used to my Gigabyte being barely audible.
 
Yea when I get the cyclone cards I'm just going to crank voltage all the way up and see how far they can go and turn up the fans
 

Latest posts

Back
Top