Vent Not Working Correctly

Genetix00

I made one post
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
3
Hi,
I have downloaded the Ventrillo Client Window i386-32 bit which can be found at http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=1. I have entered the information correctly for the Edge Gamers public ventrillo and I can connect and hear other people but for some strange reason no one can hear me. About a week ago it was working fine and then within the last few days no one can hear me. When i push my push-to-talk key it shows that my mic is moving so to speak so i know that the push to talk funstion is not the problem. I also know that my microphone is working properly because i have used it on another computer and it works. I also tried running a test in the vent setup and when i push my talk key it says the test has started and then simply says the test has ended when i release the key but never picks up my voice. and no, i do not have my mic muted on the cord or on the vent pane. Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? I am running vent on Windows Vista btw.
Thanks, Genetix
 
Try hitting the setup button in Ventrillo and make sure that "enable outgoing voice communication" box is checked (voice tab).
 
I had the same problem and got a working fix from the Ventrilo forums.

Go into Vent settings and in the voice, binds, and speech tabs(all three) choose SFX and select Vent sound to play only at "Front Left of Center(7.1)" and "Front Right of Center(7.1)". If you're running 5.1 sound or something else, adjust accordingly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top